Seeking a mid-level Architectural team member. Proficiency using Revit and AutoCAD is required. Will be designing clean rooms, data centers, solar cell manufacturing facilities and other projects of comparable complexity.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform architectural design functions related to advanced technology facilities including space planning, equipment layouts, hazardous material/code requirements research, detailing and specifications.
- Uses knowledge of architectural drafting, detailing, building materials, and construction techniques to finalize project documents for bidding and construction purposes.
- Interact with multiple discipline leads, designers, project managers, Owners representatives, Contractors (design-build partner, GC, CM, etc.) and AHJ officials throughout the project phases to develop fully integrated solutions and a coordinated set of construction documents.
- Perform on-site field verifications during design and construction. Experience working in clean room environments is preferred.
- Travel may be required.
Minimum Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree / DIRECT / 3+ years of experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Familiarity with code-compliance research into local, state and federal building codes and referenced standards (OSHA, NFPA, ASTM, etc.).
- Design experience in clean room, data center, solar cell manufacturing and other projects of comparable complexity is a plus.
- Ability to solve problems and help develop details with an emphasis on construct-ability for retro-fit projects in fully operational facilities.
- Ability to manage the workload of multiple projects of varying complexity.
- Able to review and edit architectural specifications to match project needs.
- Must demonstrate the ability to communicate, both verbally and written, in a direct, concise and effective manner with diverse groups.
- Must demonstrate the ability to listen effectively and follow directions and/or requirements provided by project management, the Owner and the design team.
- Intermediate to excellent skill using MS Windows, Outlook, Word, and Excel is required.
- Revit and AutoCAD proficiency is required, Navisworks proficiency, rendering capability and knowledge of other 3D platforms is a plus.
- Intermediate to excellent skill using Bluebeam, Acrobat and other collaboration software is required.
- Must demonstrate an ability to work in a cost-conscious, customer-focused, team-based environment, including collaborating on design-build projects.
- Must have a Bachelor of Architecture, or Masters of Architecture degree from an accredited degree program required.
- Architectural License in Oregon a plus.
- Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk, hear, use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms. The employee is often required to stand and walk. Rarely, but may, be required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. May rarely lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Although the aforementioned physical demands are representative of what is required, modifications may occur which are client-specific. Training for subsequent physical demands will be given or arranged for on a project-by-project basis for those going to a unique environment. Likewise unique physical demands e.g. use of respirators, would be identified and handled in full compliance with regulatory requirements.
About SSOE Group
As a Top 10 Engineering / Architecture firm for the past 6 years (BD+C), SSOE focuses on delivering Great Client Service to clients through a full range of project delivery solutions. They have been named a "Great Workplace" (Great Place to Work®) and one of the "Best AEC Firms to Work For" (BD+C).
With more than 20 offices around the world, SSOE is known for making its clients successful by saving them time, trouble, and money. Over the company's 70-year history, it has earned a reputation for providing quality project solutions to semiconductor, automotive, food, chemical, glass, manufacturing, healthcare, power, and general building industries—with projects completed in 40 countries. Visit www.ssoe.com for additional information and career opportunities.
- SSOE was founded in 1948 and currently has more than 20 locations worldwide.
- We are a global project delivery firm for architecture, engineering, and construction management.
- SSOE offers program management services from design through construction, to commissioning and start-up, for seamless project delivery.
- 9 out of 10 clients surveyed would recommend us to a colleague.
- 95% of our fee has been returned to our clients in project savings over the last 5 years.
- 150 of our clients have been with us for over 20 years.
Equal Opportunity and Disability Accessibility Statement
SSOE is an equal opportunity employer and provides fair and equal treatment to all individuals, employees, and applicants for employment, regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, disability, genetic information, military / veteran status, or any other protected group status under federal, state, or local law. SSOE complies with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 and related laws. SSOE does not make employment decisions based upon any protected status under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Applicants with a disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may email their request to email@example.com for assistance. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodations will be made on a case-by-case basis.
EEO/M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws.
Have a question regarding our services? Need assistance with an upcoming project? Send us an email. We look forward to hearing from you and will follow up soon.