Architect – Toledo, OH / Troy, MI
Toledo, OH / Troy, MI
TRO6110 - HCE Operations Architectural - Troy
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with senior architects on development of project documentation from planning through construction administration, with greater autonomy on small projects.
- Participate in site visits for field verification and site observation.
- Oversee work production to ensure a well-coordinated and high quality set of documents, at every level of the submission process.
- Coordinate with all disciplines and work closely with our team, maintaining productive and collaborative team relationships.
- Assist in writing and editing specifications, for projects of various sizes.
- Be an active participant in our innovative, team centric, open and friendly work environment.
- Perform code and other design standard/regulatory requirement research.
- Assist in preparation of client presentations and proposals.
- Attend client meetings and share project information with the project team. Along with fostering strong client relationships.
Contract / Regular Full-Time
Minimum Education and Experience: Bachelor's Degree / DIRECT / 3-5
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Previous, 3-6 years of architectural design / build experience within the architectural and engineering consulting industry is preferred.
- Must have a Bachelor of Architecture, or Master of Architecture degree. Licensure track preferred, but not required.
- Minimum of 1 year experience using Autodesk Revit, in creation of multidisciplinary drawings. Strong proficiency in AutoCAD; other graphic program experience is a plus.
- Production and technical experience through all phases of project design and documentation process.
- Familiarity with building materials, assemblies, and basic understanding of building systems.
- Experience with construction detailing and ability to create a fully coordinated construction document set.
- Experience in coordinating with all engineering disciplines. Plus, past experience with coordinating work across office locations (domestic and global).
- Understanding of building code and regulatory agency compliance requirements. With ability to find, source, and locate any information needed.
Position Summary We are looking for an mid-level designer / architect to join our close-knit team. Work will include participation in all phases of design through construction, focusing on healthcare projects. Our team culture is very collaborative, quality conscious, and independently motivated, due to the fast pace and client centric nature of our projects.
Learn more about our healthcare group: https://youtu.be/rtmVtLDDKq8
Please submit a copy of your portfolio and project list when uploading your resume.
About SSOE Group
As a Top 10 Engineering / Architecture firm for the past 3 years and one of the
"Best AEC Firms to Work For" (Building Design + Construction), SSOE Group focuses on delivering Great Client Service to clients through a full range of EPCM services.
With more than 20 offices around the world, SSOE is known for making its clients successful by saving them time, trouble, and money. Over the company's 65-plus year history, it has earned a reputation for
providing quality project solutions to chemical, semiconductor, aerospace and defense, solar / photovoltaic, power, automotive, glass, healthcare, food and consumer products, and science and technology industries.
- SSOE was founded in 1948 and currently has more than 20 locations worldwide.
- We are a global engineering, procurement, and construction management (EPCM) firm with projects in 40 countries.
- SSOE offers program management services from design through construction, to commissioning and start-up, for seamless project delivery.
- SSOE's focus is using the appropriate project delivery method for your goals, included Virtual Design and Construction (VDC), which brings our clients better and faster results through more integrated teams and advanced technologies. Even when a more traditional delivery model is used, you'll see significant benefits from the collaboration strategies and technological capabilities our leadership in VDC necessitates.
- 93% of clients surveyed would recommend us to a colleague
- 111% of our fee has been returned to our clients in project savings over the last 3 years
- 150 of our clients have been with us for over 20 years
SSOE is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified individuals in its employment practices. SSOE strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination against employees and applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, qualified veterans, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applicants with a disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodations will be made on a case-by-case basis.
EEO/M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.