A BIM / CAD Technical Specialist at SSOE has entrepreneurial spirit and constantly seeks out new opportunities for creativity and innovation. They work in a multidisciplinary team environment and are able to prioritize and execute BIM activities with a core focus on efficiency and collaboration. The successful candidate confidently explains BIM principals, particularly using Civil 3D applications, to all levels of design and construction professionals. Our trusted specialists advise project managers and design teams on best approaches and techniques to achieve project goals.
BIM-CAD Technical Specialist (Civil 3D)
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Configure, install, and maintain Civil 3D application and configuration files.
- Create and maintain SSOE and client standards, templates, and families.
- Provide direct support to diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve technical issues for Civil 3D projects.
- Create and maintain how-to and workflow documentation as it relates to BIM and Virtual Design and Construction (VDC) best practices.
- Interact with operations to identify customization needs for Civil 3D applications.
- Participate in and lead pilot projects for the implementation of new technologies and new versions of modeling, engineering, and analysis software.
- Investigation and implementation of new design and engineering productivity tools (plug-ins, new software, etc.)
Minimum Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree / DIRECT / 3-5
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Architecture, Engineering, or equivalent.
- Advanced skills required in Civil 3D, Navisworks, and ReCap, with knowledge of laser scanning and point cloud file manipulation.
- Knowledge of large Civil 3D project setups and collaboration across multiple offices.
- Familiarity with Civil 3D and related collaboration with other major design applications.
- Experience with Autodesk applications on large, multidisciplinary projects.
- Flexible in adopting new technologies and processes.
- Problem-solving skills and interest in process improvements as it relates to design and construction deliverables.
- Comfortable presenting to internal and external groups on BIM subject manner.
- Experience implementing industry-standard BIM methods and project execution planning.
About SSOE Group
As a Top 10 Engineering / Architecture firm for the past 6 years (BD+C), SSOE focuses on delivering Great Client Service to clients through a full range of project delivery solutions. They have been named a "Great Workplace" (Great Place to Work®) and one of the "Best AEC Firms to Work For" (BD+C).
With more than 20 offices around the world, SSOE is known for making its clients successful by saving them time, trouble, and money. Over the company's 70-year history, it has earned a reputation for providing quality project solutions to semiconductor, automotive, food, chemical, glass, manufacturing, healthcare, power, and general building industries—with projects completed in 40 countries. Visit www.ssoe.com for additional information and career opportunities.
- SSOE was founded in 1948 and currently has more than 20 locations worldwide.
- We are a global project delivery firm for architecture, engineering, and construction management.
- SSOE offers program management services from design through construction, to commissioning and start-up, for seamless project delivery.
- 9 out of 10 clients surveyed would recommend us to a colleague.
- 95% of our fee has been returned to our clients in project savings over the last 5 years.
- 150 of our clients have been with us for over 20 years.
Equal Opportunity and Disability Accessibility Statement
SSOE is an equal opportunity employer and provides fair and equal treatment to all individuals, employees, and applicants for employment, regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, disability, genetic information, military / veteran status, or any other protected group status under federal, state, or local law. SSOE complies with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 and related laws. SSOE does not make employment decisions based upon any protected status under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Applicants with a disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may email their request to email@example.com for assistance. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodations will be made on a case-by-case basis.
EEO/M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws.
Have a question regarding our services? Need assistance with an upcoming project? Send us an email. We look forward to hearing from you and will follow up soon.