Business Leader – Santa Clara, CA
Santa Clara, CA
SCL3511 - AT Diversification Project Mgmt - SantaClara
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides the vision and project control to grow the business.
- Ensures the technical competency and quality of work performed and may be required to seal discipline documents.
- Develops, organizes, and implements departmental / project standards, recordkeeping, and improvements.
- Directly accountable for adherence to timetable and financial success of the projects.
- Generates, reviews, modifies, and approves discipline / project work plan for each project.
- Supports customer maintenance and business development activities and assists project managers in preparing proposals.
- Participates in client contact and business development activities.
- Interfaces with inspection and regulatory agencies.
- Prepares and monitors project work schedules and projected workload schedules for department / project staff.
- Assures staffing and resources are available such that the office can meet project requirements.
- Contracts for outside consultants / services as needed.
- Verifies that the other project managers have defined the quality, budget, and schedule (QBS) requirements for each project and monitors progress to ensure the QBS key measures are met.
- Reviews and approves project leader’s project change orders prior to submitting to project manager.
- Performs solid line people management for a local team of approximately ten multidiscipline individuals
- Identifies strengths and weaknesses of department / project personnel to identify and prioritize training needs.
- May assist in the training or mentoring of project managers to familiarize them with SSOE or client-specific requirements.
- Responsible for department / project employee relations activities with the assistance of the Human Resources department.
- Coaches, directs, coordinates, facilitates, and supervises department/project personnel.
- Travel required.
- Valid driver’s license required. May be waived for international assignments.
Minimum Education and Experience: Bachelor's Degree / DIRECT / 6-8 OSHA 10/30-hour Construction Certificate preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Engineering preferred or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Position Summary The Business Leader will be responsible for coordinating single or multidiscipline industrial facilities design and construction projects. They will oversee various projects by effectively utilizing resources to provide a finished project that meets all aspects of the specifications and engineering documentation. This requires the candidate to be able to coordinate and supervise the projects from conception to completion.
About SSOE Group
As a Top 10 Engineering / Architecture firm for the past 3 years and one of the
"Best AEC Firms to Work For" (Building Design + Construction), SSOE Group focuses on delivering Great Client Service to clients through a full range of EPCM services.
With more than 20 offices around the world, SSOE is known for making its clients successful by saving them time, trouble, and money. Over the company's 65-plus year history, it has earned a reputation for
providing quality project solutions to chemical, semiconductor, aerospace and defense, solar / photovoltaic, power, automotive, glass, healthcare, food and consumer products, and science and technology industries.
- SSOE was founded in 1948 and currently has more than 20 locations worldwide.
- We are a global engineering, procurement, and construction management (EPCM) firm with projects in 40 countries.
- SSOE offers program management services from design through construction, to commissioning and start-up, for seamless project delivery.
- SSOE's focus is using the appropriate project delivery method for your goals, included Virtual Design and Construction (VDC), which brings our clients better and faster results through more integrated teams and advanced technologies. Even when a more traditional delivery model is used, you'll see significant benefits from the collaboration strategies and technological capabilities our leadership in VDC necessitates.
- 93% of clients surveyed would recommend us to a colleague
- 111% of our fee has been returned to our clients in project savings over the last 3 years
- 150 of our clients have been with us for over 20 years
SSOE is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified individuals in its employment practices. SSOE strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination against employees and applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, qualified veterans, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applicants with a disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to email@example.com for assistance. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodations will be made on a case-by-case basis.
EEO/M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.