The Civil Designer will work with the US team to prepare site design development and construction documents for projects in the US and Mexico.. The ideal candidate will have a associates degree in engineering, preferably Civil, with 2 to 10 years of relevant related experience in industrial projects, with specific civil site design experience preparing and producing overall site construction documents (plans / sections / details) associated with layout, pavement geometrics, underground utilities and grading plans utilizing Civil 3D.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform Civil Design work using Auto CAD Civil 3D. Produce plans and drawings, primarily for industrial land development projects.
- Research feasibility of alternative site design approaches given existing site conditions, and regulatory agency specifications.
- Coordinate project specifications with plans development.
- Prepare site layout plans, pavement geometric plans and parking lots and road construction details, earthworks drawings related to proposed cut and fill requirements, grading elevation drawings, underground plans and details for water, sanitary, and storm water systems.
- Prepare Bill of Materials.
Minimum Education and Experience
Associate’s Degree / DIRECT / 3-5
OSHA 10/30-hour Construction Certificate preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Associates Degree in Engineering related field with a civil engineering focus.
- 2 to 10 years of experience in industrial projects.
- Effective communication, organization and problem solving skills
- Excellent bilingual English-Spanish.
- Proficient in use of Civil 3D and AutoCAD.
- Knowledge of Mexican and International codes.
- Direct experience producing construction documents is required.
About SSOE Group
As a Top 10 Engineering / Architecture firm for the past 6 years (BD+C), SSOE focuses on delivering Great Client Service to clients through a full range of project delivery solutions. They have been named a "Great Workplace" (Great Place to Work®) and one of the "Best AEC Firms to Work For" (BD+C).
With more than 20 offices around the world, SSOE is known for making its clients successful by saving them time, trouble, and money. Over the company's 70-year history, it has earned a reputation for providing quality project solutions to semiconductor, automotive, food, chemical, glass, manufacturing, healthcare, power, and general building industries—with projects completed in 40 countries. Visit www.ssoe.com for additional information and career opportunities.
- SSOE was founded in 1948 and currently has more than 20 locations worldwide.
- We are a global project delivery firm for architecture, engineering, and construction management.
- SSOE offers program management services from design through construction, to commissioning and start-up, for seamless project delivery.
- 9 out of 10 clients surveyed would recommend us to a colleague.
- 95% of our fee has been returned to our clients in project savings over the last 5 years.
- 150 of our clients have been with us for over 20 years.
Equal Opportunity and Disability Accessibility Statement
SSOE is an equal opportunity employer and provides fair and equal treatment to all individuals, employees, and applicants for employment, regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, disability, genetic information, military / veteran status, or any other protected group status under federal, state, or local law. SSOE complies with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 and related laws. SSOE does not make employment decisions based upon any protected status under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Applicants with a disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may email their request to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodations will be made on a case-by-case basis.
EEO/M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws.
Have a question regarding our services? Need assistance with an upcoming project? Send us an email. We look forward to hearing from you and will follow up soon.