Civil Engineer – León, Mexico
MEX5481 - Mexico Civil
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform civil design work using AutoCAD Civil 3D and Revit. Develop plans and drawings, primarily for industrial land development projects.
- Assist and coordinate with survey department functions such as field survey, plat preparation, topographic mapping, and other survey functions.
- Research feasibility of alternative design approaches, site conditions, and regulatory agency specifications.
- Develop project specifications.
- Prepare of technical proposals.
- Develop earthworks drawings, grating elevation drawings, roads construction details, underground details for pipings, stormwater systems, parking lots, etc.
- Prepare Bills of Material.
Minimum Education and Experience: Bachelor's Degree / DIRECT / 6-8 OSHA 10/30-hour Construction Certificate preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering.
- 5 to 10 years of experience in industrial projects.
- Effective communication, organization and problem solving skills
- Bilingual English-Spanish
- Experience with CivilCAD and AutoCAD.
- Knowledge of Mexican and International codes.
- Civil 3D Knowledge is a plus
- Direct experience developing construction documents is required.
Position Summary The Civil Engineer will work with our team to develop site development engineering drawings and calculations for site development projects. The ideal candidate will have a degree in civil engineering with 5 to 10 years of relevant professional experience in industrial projects, with experience developing roads (asphalt, pavement), underground details, gratings drawings, earthworks, among others.
About SSOE Group
As a Top 10 Engineering / Architecture firm for the past 3 years and one of the
"Best AEC Firms to Work For" (Building Design + Construction), SSOE Group focuses on delivering Great Client Service to clients through a full range of EPCM services.
With more than 20 offices around the world, SSOE is known for making its clients successful by saving them time, trouble, and money. Over the company's 65-plus year history, it has earned a reputation for
providing quality project solutions to chemical, semiconductor, aerospace and defense, solar / photovoltaic, power, automotive, glass, healthcare, food and consumer products, and science and technology industries.
- SSOE was founded in 1948 and currently has more than 20 locations worldwide.
- We are a global engineering, procurement, and construction management (EPCM) firm with projects in 40 countries.
- SSOE offers program management services from design through construction, to commissioning and start-up, for seamless project delivery.
- SSOE's focus is using the appropriate project delivery method for your goals, included Virtual Design and Construction (VDC), which brings our clients better and faster results through more integrated teams and advanced technologies. Even when a more traditional delivery model is used, you'll see significant benefits from the collaboration strategies and technological capabilities our leadership in VDC necessitates.
- 93% of clients surveyed would recommend us to a colleague
- 111% of our fee has been returned to our clients in project savings over the last 3 years
- 150 of our clients have been with us for over 20 years
SSOE is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified individuals in its employment practices. SSOE strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination against employees and applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, qualified veterans, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applicants with a disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to email@example.com for assistance. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodations will be made on a case-by-case basis.
EEO/M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.