Civil Engineer – Troy, MI
TRO8381 - AMF Manufacturing Civil - Troy
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct site selection evaluations, surveys, and due diligence studies.
- Perform civil discipline lead role on assigned site development and design in support of commercial, healthcare, educational, automotive, industrial, and manufacturing sectors.
- Discipline lead for regional office with ability to function with minimal oversight using resources from multiple office locations.
- Site layout, grading, utilities, and stormwater management design.
- Perform entitlement support activities such as permit preparation and municipal coordination.
- Field work including site inspection and some construction coordination.
- Serve as technical mentor to junior level staff.
Contract / Regular Full-Time
Minimum Education and Experience: Bachelor's Degree / RELATED / 3-5 OSHA 10/30-hour Construction Certificate preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Familiarity with geotechnical, environmental, ecological, archaeological influences.
- Well versed with site due diligence, zoning, entitlement, and planning requirements, as well as site development issues related to stormwater design and management, public utilities, and transportation requirements.
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with AutoCAD or Civil 3D preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering (ABET) required.
- PE preferred.
Position Summary As a lead civil engineer, you will provide civil site development and site selection expertise to clients in the industrial, automotive, manufacturing, healthcare, educational, and commercial sectors. You will lead, or be part of, civil teams providing our clients with world-class solutions.
About SSOE Group
As a Top 10 Engineering / Architecture firm for the past 3 years and one of the
"Best AEC Firms to Work For" (Building Design + Construction), SSOE Group focuses on delivering Great Client Service to clients through a full range of EPCM services.
With more than 20 offices around the world, SSOE is known for making its clients successful by saving them time, trouble, and money. Over the company's 65-plus year history, it has earned a reputation for
providing quality project solutions to chemical, semiconductor, aerospace and defense, solar / photovoltaic, power, automotive, glass, healthcare, food and consumer products, and science and technology industries.
- SSOE was founded in 1948 and currently has more than 20 locations worldwide.
- We are a global engineering, procurement, and construction management (EPCM) firm with projects in 40 countries.
- SSOE offers program management services from design through construction, to commissioning and start-up, for seamless project delivery.
- SSOE's focus is using the appropriate project delivery method for your goals, included Virtual Design and Construction (VDC), which brings our clients better and faster results through more integrated teams and advanced technologies. Even when a more traditional delivery model is used, you'll see significant benefits from the collaboration strategies and technological capabilities our leadership in VDC necessitates.
- 93% of clients surveyed would recommend us to a colleague
- 111% of our fee has been returned to our clients in project savings over the last 3 years
- 150 of our clients have been with us for over 20 years
SSOE is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified individuals in its employment practices. SSOE strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination against employees and applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, qualified veterans, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applicants with a disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to email@example.com for assistance. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodations will be made on a case-by-case basis.
EEO/M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.