SSOE is searching for a 10+ years of experience Construction Manager who will be responsible for the construction of a industrial facility. Oversees the entire construction and will be the link between the client and the general contractor doing the work. This individual will serve as the Owner’s Representative on this project.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates single or multi discipline projects from the renovation and expansion construction site projects.
- Responsible for supervising construction activities to achieve project objectives.
- Assists Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) Manager to prepare the site safety program.
- Assists project Permitting Engineer for construction permits.
- Implements safety program to ensure a safe working condition and a clean work site.
- Ensures that work processes are in accordance with the Quality Assurance plan.
- Supervises contractors’ preparation, maintenance and change in construction schedules, method, manning charts, and construction equipment requirements. Advises contractors to improve unfavorable trends in progress or to develop new construction methods to overcome unusual circumstances.
- Supervises field construction activities through coordinating their activities to ensure project targets adherence.
- Works with site engineer to review construction schedules, construction statement, and other documents submitted by the contractors.
- Coordinates with the client counterpart, keeping the Plant Project Manager informed daily of progress and problems.
- Coordinates with Plant Project Manager to obtain the status of costs and schedule and coordinates with the buyer to obtain the status of long lead items or other materials and equipment’s needed to be purchased.
- Prepares detailed construction completion plan. Requests contractors to submit list of remaining work and ensure completeness. Assists with preparation of required
documents for construction completion.
- Validates job completion of contractors (certificates of acceptances) and assists
project handover. Assists the Project Manager and the Permitting Engineer for authorities’ acceptances
after construction completion.
Minimum Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree / DIRECT / 6-8
OSHA 10/30-hour Construction Certificate preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in engineering or related field.
- 10+ Years of experience in construction of industrial facilities, or warehouses
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Experience in Mexican building construction codes, standards and methods.
- Knowledge of national and international building codes
About SSOE Group
As a Top 10 Engineering / Architecture firm for the past 6 years (BD+C), SSOE focuses on delivering Great Client Service to clients through a full range of project delivery solutions. They have been named a "Great Workplace" (Great Place to Work®) and one of the "Best AEC Firms to Work For" (BD+C).
With more than 20 offices around the world, SSOE is known for making its clients successful by saving them time, trouble, and money. Over the company's 70-year history, it has earned a reputation for providing quality project solutions to semiconductor, automotive, food, chemical, glass, manufacturing, healthcare, power, and general building industries—with projects completed in 40 countries. Visit www.ssoe.com for additional information and career opportunities.
- SSOE was founded in 1948 and currently has more than 20 locations worldwide.
- We are a global project delivery firm for architecture, engineering, and construction management.
- SSOE offers program management services from design through construction, to commissioning and start-up, for seamless project delivery.
- 9 out of 10 clients surveyed would recommend us to a colleague.
- 95% of our fee has been returned to our clients in project savings over the last 5 years.
- 150 of our clients have been with us for over 20 years.
Equal Opportunity and Disability Accessibility Statement
SSOE is an equal opportunity employer and provides fair and equal treatment to all individuals, employees, and applicants for employment, regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, disability, genetic information, military / veteran status, or any other protected group status under federal, state, or local law. SSOE complies with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 and related laws. SSOE does not make employment decisions based upon any protected status under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Applicants with a disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may email their request to email@example.com for assistance. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodations will be made on a case-by-case basis.
EEO/M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws.
Have a question regarding our services? Need assistance with an upcoming project? Send us an email. We look forward to hearing from you and will follow up soon.