Controls Engineer – Columbus, OH / Kalamazoo, MI / Toledo, OH
Columbus, OH / Kalamazoo, MI / Toledo, OH
TOL9743 - FCP Div 97 Elect Controls - Toledo
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- The following duties are typical of the position of a senior controls engineer, but are not all-encompassing. Responsibilities include those required to deliver quality service on schedule and within budget in a team environment.
- Perform and direct the engineering of control systems including the design of MCC single lines, controls panels, and electrical schematics.
- Development of sequence of operations, PLC / HMI programming.
- Rockwell FactoryTalk Batch configuration and implementation beneficial, but not required.
- Perform construction support, equipment checkout, startup support, and operational efficiency development.
- Assist in development of engineering proposals including scope, budget, and schedule requirements.
- Plan, perform, and direct the application of standard engineering methods and techniques on work of large single or multidiscipline controls projects under the direction of the project manager.
- Communicate with the project manager concerning progress or problems related to the project.
- Plan, coordinate, and supervise the work effort of junior engineers and designers. Review the work being performed to ensure the application of sound engineering practices and professional judgment. Responsible for implementation of SSOE quality systems.
- Write specifications and assist in preparing cost estimates.
- Assist with development of construction specifications and construction package documents.
- Assist with specification and sizing of control devices and instruments.
- Assist with development of performance specifications for equipment vendors, equipment selection, and bid tabulations.
- Assist with writing and compiling data to include front-end loading (FEL) documents for client evaluation. These packages consist of control architectures, conceptual design drawings, initial capital estimates, schedules, and technical risk assessments.
- Have an understanding of Food Industry Good Manufacturing Practices.
Contract / Regular Full-Time
Minimum Education and Experience: Bachelor's Degree / DIRECT / 8+ OSHA 10/30-hour Construction Certificate preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Will function as project lead on fast-paced industrial controls projects.
- Experienced with Allen-Bradley ControlLogix and FactoryTalk View SE.
- Experienced with Wonderware.
Position Summary SSOE Group is seeking an experienced controls engineer to plan and direct the scope development, design, PLC / HMI programming, checkout, startup, and optimization of control systems for process and packaging systems in food industry.
Experience in food industry with knowledge of cGMPs is preferred. Minimum education and experience: ABET-accredited bachelor's degree in Engineering with 8 years of direct controls engineering experience is required. PE or PE-tracked preferred.
About SSOE Group
As a Top 10 Engineering / Architecture firm for the past 3 years and one of the
"Best AEC Firms to Work For" (Building Design + Construction), SSOE Group focuses on delivering Great Client Service to clients through a full range of EPCM services.
With more than 20 offices around the world, SSOE is known for making its clients successful by saving them time, trouble, and money. Over the company's 65-plus year history, it has earned a reputation for
providing quality project solutions to chemical, semiconductor, aerospace and defense, solar / photovoltaic, power, automotive, glass, healthcare, food and consumer products, and science and technology industries.
- SSOE was founded in 1948 and currently has more than 20 locations worldwide.
- We are a global engineering, procurement, and construction management (EPCM) firm with projects in 40 countries.
- SSOE offers program management services from design through construction, to commissioning and start-up, for seamless project delivery.
- SSOE's focus is using the appropriate project delivery method for your goals, included Virtual Design and Construction (VDC), which brings our clients better and faster results through more integrated teams and advanced technologies. Even when a more traditional delivery model is used, you'll see significant benefits from the collaboration strategies and technological capabilities our leadership in VDC necessitates.
- 93% of clients surveyed would recommend us to a colleague
- 111% of our fee has been returned to our clients in project savings over the last 3 years
- 150 of our clients have been with us for over 20 years
SSOE is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified individuals in its employment practices. SSOE strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination against employees and applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, qualified veterans, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applicants with a disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to email@example.com for assistance. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodations will be made on a case-by-case basis.
EEO/M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.