Controls Engineer – Lima, OH
LIM9743 - FCP Div 97 Elect Controls - Lima
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- The following duties are typical of the position, but are not all encompassing. Responsibilities include those required to deliver quality service on schedule and within budget in a team environment.
- Evaluates, selects, and applies standard engineering methods and techniques on work of small projects or on portions of larger projects.
- Receives instructions on specific assignment objectives, complex features, and assistance in deriving possible solutions to unusual problems.
- Exercises limited judgment in making adaptations or modifications to design concepts.
- Reviews work with supervisor to ensure the application of sound engineering practices and professional judgment.
- May supervise, coordinate, and direct the work effort of designers on the same project with some responsibility for checking his/her portion of the completed drawings.
- May write portions of specifications and assist in preparing cost estimates.
- Performs design work on CAD.
- Travel required. Valid driver's license required.
- Assists with development of construction specifications and construction package documents
- Assist with writing and compiling data to include front-end loading (FEL) documents for client evaluation. These packages consist of control architectures, conceptual design drawings, initial capital estimates, schedules, and technical risk assessments.
- Have an understanding of food industry Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
Contract / Regular Full-Time
Minimum Education and Experience: Bachelor's Degree / DIRECT / 3-5 OSHA 10/30-hour Construction Certificate preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively within a project team and with clients
- Ability to design and install industrial control systems.
- Willingness to travel. Travel is estimated at 35 - 50%.
- Motor control center (MCC) and power distribution panel layout and specification.
- Lighting and general electrical utility design.
- Must have strong leadership and communication skills.
- Electrical Engineer Degree from a ABET-accredited program is mandatory.
Position Summary SSOE Group is seeking an experienced Controls Engineer for our Lima, Ohio office location. In this role, the controls engineer will plan and direct the scope development, design, PLC/HMI programming, checkout, start-up, and optimization of process and packaging systems within the food industry. Experience in sanitary design with knowledge of cGMPs is preferred. Candidate must have 5+ years of experience as a controls engineer and hold an electrical engineering degree from an ABET-accredited program.
About SSOE Group
As a Top 10 Engineering / Architecture firm for the past 3 years and one of the
"Best AEC Firms to Work For" (Building Design + Construction), SSOE Group focuses on delivering Great Client Service to clients through a full range of EPCM services.
With more than 20 offices around the world, SSOE is known for making its clients successful by saving them time, trouble, and money. Over the company's 65-plus year history, it has earned a reputation for
providing quality project solutions to chemical, semiconductor, aerospace and defense, solar / photovoltaic, power, automotive, glass, healthcare, food and consumer products, and science and technology industries.
- SSOE was founded in 1948 and currently has more than 20 locations worldwide.
- We are a global engineering, procurement, and construction management (EPCM) firm with projects in 40 countries.
- SSOE offers program management services from design through construction, to commissioning and start-up, for seamless project delivery.
- SSOE's focus is using the appropriate project delivery method for your goals, included Virtual Design and Construction (VDC), which brings our clients better and faster results through more integrated teams and advanced technologies. Even when a more traditional delivery model is used, you'll see significant benefits from the collaboration strategies and technological capabilities our leadership in VDC necessitates.
- 93% of clients surveyed would recommend us to a colleague
- 111% of our fee has been returned to our clients in project savings over the last 3 years
- 150 of our clients have been with us for over 20 years
SSOE is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified individuals in its employment practices. SSOE strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination against employees and applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, qualified veterans, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applicants with a disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to email@example.com for assistance. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodations will be made on a case-by-case basis.
EEO/M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.