Data / Fire / Security (DFS) Engineer must have technical and practical experience in different kinds of systems that are involved with digital and analog signal applied to IT, fire protection systems, and security systems in buildings and industrial facilities.
Data, Fire, and Security Engineer
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop design, construction drawings, equipment specifications, and low voltage, data and alarm systems required for Industrial buildings, offices complex and others.
- Assist DFS department with Mexican design equipment and standards for Mexican projects.
- Evaluates, selects, and applies standard engineering methods and techniques on work of small projects or on portions of larger projects.
- Receives instructions on specific assignment objectives, complex features, and assistance in deriving possible solutions to unusual problems.
- May supervise, coordinate, and direct the work effort of designers on the same project with some responsibility for checking his/her portion of the completed drawings.
- May write portions of specifications and assist in preparing cost estimates.
Minimum Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree / DIRECT / 6-8
OSHA 10/30-hour Construction Certificate preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor Degree in Systems, Control or Electronic Engineering
- 4 to 8 years of experience developing engineering and system design for Data systems (low voltage), Fire Protection Alarm systems (Manual and Automatic), CCTV, access control, video surveillance systems, Alarm security and vulgarly systems, etc…
- CAD capabilities (AutoCAD, Revit MEP preferred)
- MS Office (Word, Excell…)
- Must be bilingual English- Spanish
About SSOE Group
As a Top 10 Engineering / Architecture firm for the past 6 years (BD+C), SSOE focuses on delivering Great Client Service to clients through a full range of project delivery solutions. They have been named a "Great Workplace" (Great Place to Work®) and one of the "Best AEC Firms to Work For" (BD+C).
With more than 20 offices around the world, SSOE is known for making its clients successful by saving them time, trouble, and money. Over the company's 70-year history, it has earned a reputation for providing quality project solutions to semiconductor, automotive, food, chemical, glass, manufacturing, healthcare, power, and general building industries—with projects completed in 40 countries. Visit www.ssoe.com for additional information and career opportunities.
- SSOE was founded in 1948 and currently has more than 20 locations worldwide.
- We are a global project delivery firm for architecture, engineering, and construction management.
- SSOE offers program management services from design through construction, to commissioning and start-up, for seamless project delivery.
- 9 out of 10 clients surveyed would recommend us to a colleague.
- 95% of our fee has been returned to our clients in project savings over the last 5 years.
- 150 of our clients have been with us for over 20 years.
Equal Opportunity and Disability Accessibility Statement
SSOE is an equal opportunity employer and provides fair and equal treatment to all individuals, employees, and applicants for employment, regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, disability, genetic information, military / veteran status, or any other protected group status under federal, state, or local law. SSOE complies with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 and related laws. SSOE does not make employment decisions based upon any protected status under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Applicants with a disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may email their request to email@example.com for assistance. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodations will be made on a case-by-case basis.
EEO/M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws.
Have a question regarding our services? Need assistance with an upcoming project? Send us an email. We look forward to hearing from you and will follow up soon.