Department Manager (Structural) – Birmingham, AL / Nashville, TN / Toledo, OH / Troy, MI
Department Manager (Structural)
Birmingham, AL / Nashville, TN / Toledo, OH / Troy, MI
TOL8201 - AMF Automotive Mgmt - Toledo
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coaches, directs, coordinates, facilitates, and supervises department staff. This includes all evaluation and employee relations responsibilities: manpower planning / staffing, hiring, development, promotion, and performance management.
- Ensures the technical competency and quality of work performed by staff. Licensed individuals may be required to seal discipline documents.
- Develops, organizes, and implements discipline and departmental standards, recordkeeping, and improvements.
- Responsible for establishing, monitoring, and adhering to yearly budgets, with ability to taking action to make changes and adjustments as necessary to meet financials objectives.
- Implements strategic activities within department to achieve objectives of operations unit and corporate business.
- Supports company customer satisfaction through maintenance and business development activities and assists project managers in preparing proposals, and making presentations.
- Verifies that the discipline captain has defined discipline work plan.
Minimum Education and Experience: Bachelor's Degree / DIRECT / 8+ OSHA 10/30-hour Construction Certificate preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor or Masters Degree in Structural Engineering with minimum of 8 years related experience or 10 - 12 years direct experience.
- PE license in is required.
- Will be given Engineer on Record responsibility with leading design in multiple locations and states.
- Must be able to provide subject matter expert lead for seismic design as required on projects for both building and process conditions.
- Must be able to function efficiently in an environment that is constantly changing with a high tolerance for ambiguity.
- Must support and drive continuous performance improvement for self and staff, through ensuring employees have meaningful work and feel connected and appreciated.
- Drive a mentality of making and meeting commitments.
- Demonstrated skill in cross discipline coordination and collaboration.
- Working knowledge of building codes in hazardous occupancies preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to lead and support multiple teams across multiple locations.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to qualify for company auto insurance required.
Position Summary SSOE Group is seeking an experienced department manager to lead our Automotive Structural Department that is focused on serving industrial automotive facilities for a large and dynamic client base. As a department manager, this position is responsible for coaching, leading, and mentoring department staff in multiple office locations through excellent communication, drawing from a background of cross-discipline communication, while possessing the ability to serve as subject matter expert for technical structural design of very large industrial facilities and fast-paced, team-orientated projects that support industrial manufacturing.
Additionally this person will support all structural teams, staff, and projects across various locations—both domestically and internationally—and contribute to account management activities for both existing and new clients. Travel is required.
About SSOE Group
As a Top 10 Engineering / Architecture firm for the past 3 years and one of the
"Best AEC Firms to Work For" (Building Design + Construction), SSOE Group focuses on delivering Great Client Service to clients through a full range of EPCM services.
With more than 20 offices around the world, SSOE is known for making its clients successful by saving them time, trouble, and money. Over the company's 65-plus year history, it has earned a reputation for
providing quality project solutions to chemical, semiconductor, aerospace and defense, solar / photovoltaic, power, automotive, glass, healthcare, food and consumer products, and science and technology industries.
- SSOE was founded in 1948 and currently has more than 20 locations worldwide.
- We are a global engineering, procurement, and construction management (EPCM) firm with projects in 40 countries.
- SSOE offers program management services from design through construction, to commissioning and start-up, for seamless project delivery.
- SSOE's focus is using the appropriate project delivery method for your goals, included Virtual Design and Construction (VDC), which brings our clients better and faster results through more integrated teams and advanced technologies. Even when a more traditional delivery model is used, you'll see significant benefits from the collaboration strategies and technological capabilities our leadership in VDC necessitates.
- 93% of clients surveyed would recommend us to a colleague
- 111% of our fee has been returned to our clients in project savings over the last 3 years
- 150 of our clients have been with us for over 20 years
SSOE is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified individuals in its employment practices. SSOE strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination against employees and applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, qualified veterans, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applicants with a disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodations will be made on a case-by-case basis.
EEO/M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.