Department Manager (Structural Tool Install) – Portland, OR
Department Manager (Structural Tool Install)
HIL3480 - AT Tool Install Design Structural - Hillsboro
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coaches, directs, coordinates, facilitates, and supervises department staff. This includes all evaluation and employee relations responsibilities: manpower planning / staffing, hiring, development, promotion, and performance management.
- Ensures the technical competency and quality of work performed by staff. Licensed individuals may be required to seal discipline documents.
- Develops, organizes, and implements discipline and departmental standards, recordkeeping, and improvements. Responsible for establishing, monitoring and adhering to PY budget or otherwise taking action to make changes and adjustments as necessary to meet financials objectives. Implements strategic activities within department to achieve objectives of operations unit and corporate business.
- Supports PIC customer maintenance and business development activities and assists project managers in preparing proposals, and making presentations.
- Verifies that the discipline captain has defined discipline work plans for each project and monitors progress to ensure key measures are met.
- Reviews and approves discipline captain’s project change orders prior to submitting to project manager.
- Prepares and monitors project work schedules and projected workload schedules for department.
- Provides staffing, current tool, and technical reference materials such that the discipline captain can meet project requirements.
- Identifies strengths and weaknesses of department personnel to identify and prioritize training needs. Develops and implements department training program with the assistance of the Learning and Development Department.
- Responsible for departmental expenses, profit, and loss.
- Supports or drive strategic improvement initiatives.
- Travel required up to 5%.
- Valid driver’s license required. May be waived for international assignments.
Minimum Education and Experience: Bachelor's Degree / RELATED / 10+ years of experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Structural Engineering from an ABET-accredited college is required, along with 10+ years of design experience.
- PE license in United States is required. Ability to obtain Oregon and California PE is required.
- Experience managing and mentoring other engineers is required.
- Must be able to function efficiently in an environment that is constantly changing with a high tolerance for ambiguity.
- Must support drive continuous performance improvement for self and staff.
- Demonstrated skill in cross discipline coordination and collaboration.
- Able to ensure employees have meaningful work and feel connected and appreciated.
- Drive a mentality of making and meeting commitments.
- Working knowledge of building codes in hazardous occupancies preferred.
Position Summary SSOE Group is seeking a structural PE to manage our Tool Install Structural Department. Successful candidate will act as the technical lead for the department, along with managing a team of engineers and designers.
About SSOE Group
As a Top 10 Engineering / Architecture firm for the past 3 years and one of the
"Best AEC Firms to Work For" (Building Design + Construction), SSOE Group focuses on delivering Great Client Service to clients through a full range of EPCM services.
With more than 20 offices around the world, SSOE is known for making its clients successful by saving them time, trouble, and money. Over the company's 65-plus year history, it has earned a reputation for
providing quality project solutions to chemical, semiconductor, aerospace and defense, solar / photovoltaic, power, automotive, glass, healthcare, food and consumer products, and science and technology industries.
- SSOE was founded in 1948 and currently has more than 20 locations worldwide.
- We are a global engineering, procurement, and construction management (EPCM) firm with projects in 40 countries.
- SSOE offers program management services from design through construction, to commissioning and start-up, for seamless project delivery.
- SSOE's focus is using the appropriate project delivery method for your goals, included Virtual Design and Construction (VDC), which brings our clients better and faster results through more integrated teams and advanced technologies. Even when a more traditional delivery model is used, you'll see significant benefits from the collaboration strategies and technological capabilities our leadership in VDC necessitates.
- 93% of clients surveyed would recommend us to a colleague
- 111% of our fee has been returned to our clients in project savings over the last 3 years
- 150 of our clients have been with us for over 20 years
SSOE is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified individuals in its employment practices. SSOE strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination against employees and applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, qualified veterans, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applicants with a disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to email@example.com for assistance. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodations will be made on a case-by-case basis.
EEO/M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.