Santa Clara Design and Construction Coordinator will support client and design team with the submission, tracking, and coordination of Building and Fire permits for all packages issued by the Design Team. Potential support field verification for design and RFI activities.
Design and Construction Coordinator
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate with local government agencies in applying for permits, relaying comments back and forth to the designated Engineers Design Lead, and have the capability to handle payments for permits
- Willing to make frequent trips to submit/pick up permits at designated jurisdictions in the Bay area
- Field work to identify obstructions to construction and to verify utility points of connection
- Tracking of permit status and expiration dates
- Tracking of permitting expenses
- Job duties may include onsite field verification of architectural, mechanical, process, electrical, and structural systems during the design process and after IFC to support RFI’s
- Communication with client, PM and Design Team
- Will be involved in reviewing packages with client
Minimum Education and Experience
Associate’s Degree / ENTRY / 2+ years of experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Multi Discipline Experience – able to communicate mechanical, process, structural, electrical needs from City and Fire permit review team to Design engineers.
- Able to conduct field verification in a cleanroom suit, and some verification under 2ft raised floor while wearing a cleanroom suit.
- AutoCAD not required but a plus.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license required.
About SSOE Group
As a Top 10 Engineering / Architecture firm for the past 6 years (BD+C), SSOE focuses on delivering Great Client Service to clients through a full range of project delivery solutions. They have been named a "Great Workplace" (Great Place to Work®) and one of the "Best AEC Firms to Work For" (BD+C).
With more than 20 offices around the world, SSOE is known for making its clients successful by saving them time, trouble, and money. Over the company's 70-year history, it has earned a reputation for providing quality project solutions to semiconductor, automotive, food, chemical, glass, manufacturing, healthcare, power, and general building industries—with projects completed in 40 countries. Visit www.ssoe.com for additional information and career opportunities.
- SSOE was founded in 1948 and currently has more than 20 locations worldwide.
- We are a global project delivery firm for architecture, engineering, and construction management.
- SSOE offers program management services from design through construction, to commissioning and start-up, for seamless project delivery.
- 9 out of 10 clients surveyed would recommend us to a colleague.
- 95% of our fee has been returned to our clients in project savings over the last 5 years.
- 150 of our clients have been with us for over 20 years.
Equal Opportunity and Disability Accessibility Statement
SSOE is an equal opportunity employer and provides fair and equal treatment to all individuals, employees, and applicants for employment, regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, disability, genetic information, military / veteran status, or any other protected group status under federal, state, or local law. SSOE complies with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 and related laws. SSOE does not make employment decisions based upon any protected status under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Applicants with a disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may email their request to email@example.com for assistance. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodations will be made on a case-by-case basis.
EEO/M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws.
Have a question regarding our services? Need assistance with an upcoming project? Send us an email. We look forward to hearing from you and will follow up soon.