As the Electrical Designer, you will have the chance to work on projects including semiconductor manufacturing, data center facilities, and other manufacturing facilities. Working with other members of our team, you’ll deliver world-class designs for industry-leading clients around the world.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- The Electrical Revit Designer will be responsible for performing electrical design for complex industrial buildings in Revit and CAD.
- Create layouts, sketches, and 2D/3D modeling and electronic document drawing files.
- Provide field data to verify design content and for drawing generation/completion.
- Works from both own designs and designs of others compile data, performs design computations, and makes quantity take-offs.
- Performs electrical design functions and calculations in branch circuit design, motor feeder design, sizing of over-current protection, raceway fill, separation of Class 1, 2 and 3 circuits, as well as other aspects of compliant electrical code designs.
- Interface with CAD lead to prepare complete construction drawings.
- Coordinate with other disciplines throughout the design phase of projects.
- Evaluate and resolve problems by applying appropriate solutions from previous practice and similar experiences, and apply technology and seek assistance as needed.
Minimum Education and Experience
Diploma in electrical engineering with 3-5 years of design experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Diploma in Electrical engineering/ITI certification.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience working with an engineering firm on the Auto CAD and Revit platform.
- Have knowledge of new and/or existing commercial, light industrial, and high-tech manufacturing facilities.
- Have proficiency in creating construction drawings for international clients (preferably semi-conductor industry).
- Excellent computer skills with hands-on experience in using MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Effective communication and impromptu problem-solving skills.
- Open to work in USA time zones if required.
- Ability to communicate in English.
- Revit experience is mandatory.
- Should have exposure to NEC and electrical design requirements.
About SSOE Group
As a Top 10 Engineering / Architecture firm for the past 6 years (BD+C), SSOE focuses on delivering Great Client Service to clients through a full range of project delivery solutions. They have been named a "Great Workplace" (Great Place to Work®) and one of the "Best AEC Firms to Work For" (BD+C).
With more than 20 offices around the world, SSOE is known for making its clients successful by saving them time, trouble, and money. Over the company's 70-year history, it has earned a reputation for providing quality project solutions to semiconductor, automotive, food, chemical, glass, manufacturing, healthcare, power, and general building industries—with projects completed in 40 countries. Visit www.ssoe.com for additional information and career opportunities.
- SSOE was founded in 1948 and currently has more than 20 locations worldwide.
- We are a global project delivery firm for architecture, engineering, and construction management.
- SSOE offers program management services from design through construction, to commissioning and start-up, for seamless project delivery.
- 9 out of 10 clients surveyed would recommend us to a colleague.
- 95% of our fee has been returned to our clients in project savings over the last 5 years.
- 150 of our clients have been with us for over 20 years.
Equal Opportunity and Disability Accessibility Statement
SSOE is an equal opportunity employer and provides fair and equal treatment to all individuals, employees, and applicants for employment, regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, disability, genetic information, military / veteran status, or any other protected group status under federal, state, or local law. SSOE complies with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 and related laws. SSOE does not make employment decisions based upon any protected status under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Applicants with a disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may email their request to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodations will be made on a case-by-case basis.
EEO/M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws.
Have a question regarding our services? Need assistance with an upcoming project? Send us an email. We look forward to hearing from you and will follow up soon.