SSOE is currently seeking an Electrical Designer to join our team. The Electrical Designer will support large-scale industrial and manufacturing projects consisting of low and medium power distribution lighting and communication systems. As part of an international design firm working with a USA-based team, you will leverage Revit and other modeling software to provide value-based design for our world-class clients.
Electrical Designer (Manufacturing)
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze sketches, notes, and other input materials to determine and plan the best approach to prepare drawings.
- Prepare basic drawing setup and layouts.
- Ability to model or draft design into completed working details and drawings through interpretation of the design and application of design fundamentals.
- May perform routine design calculations for the review of the project engineer.
- Research design options for the project engineer.
- Communicate and collaborate in team environments, some interaction with client and / or site visits.
- Consults with supervisor / engineer to screen assignments for unusual or difficult problems and selects appropriate methods and techniques to apply.
- Exercises judgment for some aspects of design, but receives supervision and direct input on new aspects of assignment.
- Communicates with supervisor / engineer concerning progress or problems in an assigned task.
Minimum Education and Experience
Associate’s Degree / RELATED / 3-5
OSHA 10/30-hour Construction Certificate preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Associates degree or higher in engineering-related field with an electrical focus.
- Effective written and oral communication, organization, and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient bilingual English-Spanish communication.
- 2-5 years of experience in industrial projects or creation of construction documents. Revit modeling platform is preferred.
- Direct experience producing construction documents.
- Working knowledge of Mexican and international codes, preferred experience with NFPA 70.
- Available for travel out of town, province, and to USA.
About SSOE Group
As a Top 10 Engineering / Architecture firm for the past 6 years (BD+C), SSOE focuses on delivering Great Client Service to clients through a full range of project delivery solutions. They have been named a "Great Workplace" (Great Place to Work®) and one of the "Best AEC Firms to Work For" (BD+C).
With more than 20 offices around the world, SSOE is known for making its clients successful by saving them time, trouble, and money. Over the company's 70-year history, it has earned a reputation for providing quality project solutions to semiconductor, automotive, food, chemical, glass, manufacturing, healthcare, power, and general building industries—with projects completed in 40 countries. Visit www.ssoe.com for additional information and career opportunities.
- SSOE was founded in 1948 and currently has more than 20 locations worldwide.
- We are a global project delivery firm for architecture, engineering, and construction management.
- SSOE offers program management services from design through construction, to commissioning and start-up, for seamless project delivery.
- 9 out of 10 clients surveyed would recommend us to a colleague.
- 95% of our fee has been returned to our clients in project savings over the last 5 years.
- 150 of our clients have been with us for over 20 years.
Equal Opportunity and Disability Accessibility Statement
SSOE is an equal opportunity employer and provides fair and equal treatment to all individuals, employees, and applicants for employment, regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, disability, genetic information, military / veteran status, or any other protected group status under federal, state, or local law. SSOE complies with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 and related laws. SSOE does not make employment decisions based upon any protected status under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Applicants with a disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may email their request to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodations will be made on a case-by-case basis.
EEO/M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws.
Have a question regarding our services? Need assistance with an upcoming project? Send us an email. We look forward to hearing from you and will follow up soon.