Electrical Engineer (Data / Fire / Security) – Columbus, OH / Nashville, TN / St. Paul, MN / Toledo, OH / Troy, MI
Electrical Engineer (Data / Fire / Security)
Columbus, OH / Nashville, TN / St. Paul, MN / Toledo, OH / Troy, MI
TOL6142 - HCE Operations DFS - Toledo
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creation of detailed fire alarm system designs.
- Creation and editing of fire alarm construction and equipment specifications.
- Creation and editing of policy, design, and standards guides.
- Estimation of design hours and construction costs.
- Ensure all assignments meet ISO system compliance.
- Execute projects efficiently with regard to scope, schedule, and budget.
- Work closely with client personnel on a regular basis for project definition, development, estimating, and local project support.
Contract / Regular Full-Time
Minimum Education and Experience: Bachelor's Degree / DIRECT / 8+ OSHA 10/30-hour Construction Certificate preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of AutoCAD® systems with Revit® experience preferred.
- Knowledge of the International Building Code, National Electrical Code (NEP), National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 101, and NFPA 72.
- Able to lead a team on mid- to large-sized projects.
- Industrial, education, healthcare, commercial, and manufacturing experience preferred.
Position Summary We are looking for an electrical engineer with knowledge, experience, and certifications in fire alarm system design. NICET certification preferred.
About SSOE Group
As a Top 10 Engineering / Architecture firm for the past 3 years and one of the
"Best AEC Firms to Work For" (Building Design + Construction), SSOE Group focuses on delivering Great Client Service to clients through a full range of EPCM services.
With more than 20 offices around the world, SSOE is known for making its clients successful by saving them time, trouble, and money. Over the company's 65-plus year history, it has earned a reputation for
providing quality project solutions to chemical, semiconductor, aerospace and defense, solar / photovoltaic, power, automotive, glass, healthcare, food and consumer products, and science and technology industries.
- SSOE was founded in 1948 and currently has more than 20 locations worldwide.
- We are a global engineering, procurement, and construction management (EPCM) firm with projects in 40 countries.
- SSOE offers program management services from design through construction, to commissioning and start-up, for seamless project delivery.
- SSOE's focus is using the appropriate project delivery method for your goals, included Virtual Design and Construction (VDC), which brings our clients better and faster results through more integrated teams and advanced technologies. Even when a more traditional delivery model is used, you'll see significant benefits from the collaboration strategies and technological capabilities our leadership in VDC necessitates.
- 93% of clients surveyed would recommend us to a colleague
- 111% of our fee has been returned to our clients in project savings over the last 3 years
- 150 of our clients have been with us for over 20 years
SSOE is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified individuals in its employment practices. SSOE strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination against employees and applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, qualified veterans, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applicants with a disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to email@example.com for assistance. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodations will be made on a case-by-case basis.
EEO/M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.