Electrical Engineer – Portland, OR
HIL3540 - AT Diversification Electrical - Sparks, NV
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparation of design criteria, one line diagrams, and electrical equipment specifications.
- Power system calculations, including loading, demand and diversity factors, voltage drop, equipment and cable sizing, conduit and cable tray fill, and short circuit.
- Design from front-end conceptual design through detailed design.
- Ensures code compliance for design. This includes NEC and NFPA.
- Experience with auxiliary systems including grounding, lightning protection, fire alarm, early warning smoke detection, gas monitoring, leak detection, security and telecommunications systems.
- Responsible for design verification during construction and may help plan system start-up, commissioning, and integration.
Contract / Regular Full-Time
Minimum Education and Experience: Bachelor's Degree / DIRECT / 2-5 years OSHA 10/30-hour Construction Certificate preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited college or university.
- Knowledge of primary and secondary (low-voltage) normal power distribution systems, emergency power distribution systems, uninterruptible power supplies (UPS), and associated power distribution systems with an emphasis on facility redundancy and reliability.
- 3 to 8 years of experience in industrial and advanced tech facilities preferred, extensive experience in commercial power distribution design will also be considered.
- Familiarity with applicable codes and standards, including the National Electrical Code and NFPA 70, 70E.
- General knowledge of monitoring and control of industrial systems a plus.
- Experience with isolated primary (medium-voltage) normal power distribution systems a plus.
- Self-motivation to clarify scope of work, anticipate issues, propose options, and find cost-effective solutions.
- Problem solving and flexibility in fast-paced environment.
- Ability to provide clear direction and expectations to designers and contractors.
- Practical field experience with active involvement in construction areas preferred.
- SKM Power Tools electrical engineering analysis software knowledge preferred.
- High tolerance for ambiguity and change.
Position Summary Electrical engineer will be responsible for design of power distribution systems typically 12KV and below. Projects are for industrial facilities supporting the high-tech industry. Engineer will sit on client site in Sparks, Nevada.
About SSOE Group
As a Top 10 Engineering / Architecture firm for the past 3 years and one of the
"Best AEC Firms to Work For" (Building Design + Construction), SSOE Group focuses on delivering Great Client Service to clients through a full range of EPCM services.
With more than 20 offices around the world, SSOE is known for making its clients successful by saving them time, trouble, and money. Over the company's 65-plus year history, it has earned a reputation for
providing quality project solutions to chemical, semiconductor, aerospace and defense, solar / photovoltaic, power, automotive, glass, healthcare, food and consumer products, and science and technology industries.
- SSOE was founded in 1948 and currently has more than 20 locations worldwide.
- We are a global engineering, procurement, and construction management (EPCM) firm with projects in 40 countries.
- SSOE offers program management services from design through construction, to commissioning and start-up, for seamless project delivery.
- SSOE's focus is using the appropriate project delivery method for your goals, included Virtual Design and Construction (VDC), which brings our clients better and faster results through more integrated teams and advanced technologies. Even when a more traditional delivery model is used, you'll see significant benefits from the collaboration strategies and technological capabilities our leadership in VDC necessitates.
- 93% of clients surveyed would recommend us to a colleague
- 111% of our fee has been returned to our clients in project savings over the last 3 years
- 150 of our clients have been with us for over 20 years
SSOE is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified individuals in its employment practices. SSOE strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination against employees and applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, qualified veterans, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applicants with a disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to email@example.com for assistance. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodations will be made on a case-by-case basis.
EEO/M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.