Electrical Revit Designer – Portland, OR
Electrical Revit Designer
HIL3340 - AT Basebuild Eng Electrical - Hillsboro
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works from both owned designs and designs of others, compiles data, performs design computations, makes quantity take-offs, and assists in preparation of cost estimates.
- Performs electrical design functions and calculations in branch circuit design, motor feeder design, sizing of overcurrent protection, raceway fill, separation of class 1, 2 and 3 circuits, as well as other aspects of compliant electrical code designs.
- Interface with CAD lead to prepare complete construction drawings.
- Coordinate with other disciplines throughout design phase of projects.
- Lighting design including calculations, layouts, and energy compliance.
- Design of feeders / branch circuits, telecom, security, and life safety systems.
- Perform on-site field verification of existing systems.
Minimum Education and Experience: Associate's Degree / DIRECT / 3-5
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High school diploma required. Associate degree in the engineering or architectural fields preferred.
- Minimum of three years experience as an electrical designer.
- Knowledge of National Electrical Code (NEC) preferred.
- Revit electrical experience and proficient use of AutoCAD required.
- Knowledge of new and/or existing commercial, light industrial, and high-tech manufacturing facilities preferred.Computer skills with Microsoft Windows XP, Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Easy Power or SKM electrical modeling software knowledge a plus.
- Effective communication and impromptu problem solving skills.
- Understanding and skill in assessing a customer’s requirements / needs in the field.
Position Summary The electrical Revit designer will be responsible for performing electrical design for complex industrial buildings in Revit.
About SSOE Group
As a Top 10 Engineering / Architecture firm for the past 3 years and one of the
"Best AEC Firms to Work For" (Building Design + Construction), SSOE Group focuses on delivering Great Client Service to clients through a full range of EPCM services.
With more than 20 offices around the world, SSOE is known for making its clients successful by saving them time, trouble, and money. Over the company's 65-plus year history, it has earned a reputation for
providing quality project solutions to chemical, semiconductor, aerospace and defense, solar / photovoltaic, power, automotive, glass, healthcare, food and consumer products, and science and technology industries.
- SSOE was founded in 1948 and currently has more than 20 locations worldwide.
- We are a global engineering, procurement, and construction management (EPCM) firm with projects in 40 countries.
- SSOE offers program management services from design through construction, to commissioning and start-up, for seamless project delivery.
- SSOE's focus is using the appropriate project delivery method for your goals, included Virtual Design and Construction (VDC), which brings our clients better and faster results through more integrated teams and advanced technologies. Even when a more traditional delivery model is used, you'll see significant benefits from the collaboration strategies and technological capabilities our leadership in VDC necessitates.
- 93% of clients surveyed would recommend us to a colleague
- 111% of our fee has been returned to our clients in project savings over the last 3 years
- 150 of our clients have been with us for over 20 years
SSOE is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified individuals in its employment practices. SSOE strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination against employees and applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, qualified veterans, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applicants with a disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to email@example.com for assistance. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodations will be made on a case-by-case basis.
EEO/M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.