The Electrical Revit Designer will be responsible for performing electrical design for complex industrial buildings in Revit.
Electrical Revit Designer (Semiconductor)
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Works from both own designs and designs of others, compiles data, performs design computations, makes quantity take-offs, and assists in preparation of cost estimates.
- Performs electrical design functions and calculations in branch circuit design, motor feeder design, sizing of over current protection, raceway fill, separation of Class 1, 2 and 3 circuits, as well as other aspects of compliant electrical code designs.
- Interface with CAD lead to prepare complete construction drawings.
- Coordinate with other disciplines throughout design phase of projects.
- Lighting design including calculations, layouts, and energy compliance.
- Design of feeders/branch circuits, telecom, security, and/or life safety systems.
- Perform on-site field verification of existing systems.
Minimum Education and Experience
Associate’s Degree / DIRECT / 1+ year of experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High school diploma required. Associate degree in the engineering or architectural fields preferred.
- Minimum of one year of experience as an Electrical Designer.
- Knowledge of National Electrical Code preferred.
- Revit electrical experience required.
- Proficient use of AutoCAD required.
- Knowledge of new and/or existing commercial, light industrial, and high-tech manufacturing facilities preferred.
- Computer skills with MS Windows XP, Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Easy Power or SKM electrical modeling software knowledge a plus.
- Effective communication and impromptu problem solving skills.
- Understanding and skill in assessing a customer’s requirements/needs in the field.
About SSOE Group
As a Top 10 Engineering / Architecture firm for the past 6 years (BD+C), SSOE focuses on delivering Great Client Service to clients through a full range of project delivery solutions. They have been named a "Great Workplace" (Great Place to Work®) and one of the "Best AEC Firms to Work For" (BD+C).
With more than 20 offices around the world, SSOE is known for making its clients successful by saving them time, trouble, and money. Over the company's 70-year history, it has earned a reputation for providing quality project solutions to semiconductor, automotive, food, chemical, glass, manufacturing, healthcare, power, and general building industries—with projects completed in 40 countries. Visit www.ssoe.com for additional information and career opportunities.
- SSOE was founded in 1948 and currently has more than 20 locations worldwide.
- We are a global project delivery firm for architecture, engineering, and construction management.
- SSOE offers program management services from design through construction, to commissioning and start-up, for seamless project delivery.
- 9 out of 10 clients surveyed would recommend us to a colleague.
- 95% of our fee has been returned to our clients in project savings over the last 5 years.
- 150 of our clients have been with us for over 20 years.
Equal Opportunity and Disability Accessibility Statement
SSOE is an equal opportunity employer and provides fair and equal treatment to all individuals, employees, and applicants for employment, regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, disability, genetic information, military / veteran status, or any other protected group status under federal, state, or local law. SSOE complies with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 and related laws. SSOE does not make employment decisions based upon any protected status under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Applicants with a disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may email their request to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodations will be made on a case-by-case basis.
EEO/M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws.
Have a question regarding our services? Need assistance with an upcoming project? Send us an email. We look forward to hearing from you and will follow up soon.