Facilities Designer – Columbus, OH
COL1826 - EGCM Glass/Mfg Mech Design - Columbus
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs a variety of routine design assignments, with increasing responsibility, under the direction of a project engineer / architect or department manager.
- Works from both own designs and designs of others, compiles data, performs design computations, makes quantity takeoffs, and assists in preparation of cost estimates.
- Drafts interpretation of own design into completed working drawings and applies design fundamentals.
- Applies standard design techniques and procedures exercising judgment in making minor adaptations and modifications to design concepts.
- Receives instructions on specific assignment objectives, complex features, and assistance in deriving possible solutions to unusual problems.
Minimum Education and Experience: None Specified / DIRECT / 8+ OSHA 10/30-hour Construction Certificate preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- AutoCAD and 3D modeling, plant layout experience preferred.
- Mechanical Systems Experience a plus (process / utility piping, process / comfort ductwork).
- HVAC system design and electrical design experience a plus.
- Associate degree in the engineering or architectural fields preferred.
- 5+ years of industry experience.
Position Summary SSOE Group is seeking a well-rounded designer in the Columbus, Ohio area. Working on-site as a client, the designer would perform 2D design functions, and help transition the client to utilizing 3D software. An ideal candidate will have plant layout experience and be open to learning new disciplines, software, and responsibilities.
About SSOE Group
As a Top 10 Engineering / Architecture firm for the past 3 years and one of the
"Best AEC Firms to Work For" (Building Design + Construction), SSOE Group focuses on delivering Great Client Service to clients through a full range of EPCM services.
With more than 20 offices around the world, SSOE is known for making its clients successful by saving them time, trouble, and money. Over the company's 65-plus year history, it has earned a reputation for
providing quality project solutions to chemical, semiconductor, aerospace and defense, solar / photovoltaic, power, automotive, glass, healthcare, food and consumer products, and science and technology industries.
- SSOE was founded in 1948 and currently has more than 20 locations worldwide.
- We are a global engineering, procurement, and construction management (EPCM) firm with projects in 40 countries.
- SSOE offers program management services from design through construction, to commissioning and start-up, for seamless project delivery.
- SSOE's focus is using the appropriate project delivery method for your goals, included Virtual Design and Construction (VDC), which brings our clients better and faster results through more integrated teams and advanced technologies. Even when a more traditional delivery model is used, you'll see significant benefits from the collaboration strategies and technological capabilities our leadership in VDC necessitates.
- 93% of clients surveyed would recommend us to a colleague
- 111% of our fee has been returned to our clients in project savings over the last 3 years
- 150 of our clients have been with us for over 20 years
SSOE is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified individuals in its employment practices. SSOE strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination against employees and applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, qualified veterans, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applicants with a disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to email@example.com for assistance. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodations will be made on a case-by-case basis.
EEO/M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.