Food Process Engineer – Toledo, OH
Food Process Engineer
TOL9755 - FCP Div 97 Process - Toledo
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze process systems and provide solutions to efficiency, production, and other issues.
- Meets with client to define project scope, define budget, present project progress, and assure client satisfaction.
- Direct a design team in the development of bid and construction packages.
- May supervise and coordinate the work of less experienced engineers and designers.
- Develop engineering, specifications, and assist in or prepare total capital cost estimates.
- Plans and conducts work requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard accepted methods.
- Performs most assignments with instructions as to general results expected, exercises sound judgment to resolve problems, but may receive technical guidance on unusual or complex problems and solicits the approval of the department manager or project engineer for proposed design solutions.
- Performs detailed phases of engineering work on major projects or total engineering work on projects of smaller or moderate scope.
- Responsible for checking a portion or all of the drawings completed on the project within the discipline.
- May devise new approaches and solutions to challenges; communicates changes to the team.
- May take part in client contact and business development activities.
- Coordinates work with other disciplines.
- Travel required.
Minimum Education and Experience: Bachelor's Degree / DIRECT / 8+ OSHA 10/30-hour Construction Certificate preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated experience in the food industry.
- Plant experience.
- Consulting experience.
- Ability to lead capital projects from feasibility through construction.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering, which qualifies for licensure in the state of practice, required. PE or PE-tracked preferred; the same educational, certification, and registration requirements as above with 5 or more years of related practical experience with former employer(s) required.
Position Summary SSOE Group is seeking a Senior Process Engineer to lead projects for food processing clients. Responsibilities include: supervising and coordinating junior engineers and designers, devising new approaches and solutions to challenges, defining project budget and coordinating with clients, as well as other disciplines assigned to projects.
About SSOE Group
As a Top 10 Engineering / Architecture firm for the past 3 years and one of the
"Best AEC Firms to Work For" (Building Design + Construction), SSOE Group focuses on delivering Great Client Service to clients through a full range of EPCM services.
With more than 20 offices around the world, SSOE is known for making its clients successful by saving them time, trouble, and money. Over the company's 65-plus year history, it has earned a reputation for
providing quality project solutions to chemical, semiconductor, aerospace and defense, solar / photovoltaic, power, automotive, glass, healthcare, food and consumer products, and science and technology industries.
- SSOE was founded in 1948 and currently has more than 20 locations worldwide.
- We are a global engineering, procurement, and construction management (EPCM) firm with projects in 40 countries.
- SSOE offers program management services from design through construction, to commissioning and start-up, for seamless project delivery.
- SSOE's focus is using the appropriate project delivery method for your goals, included Virtual Design and Construction (VDC), which brings our clients better and faster results through more integrated teams and advanced technologies. Even when a more traditional delivery model is used, you'll see significant benefits from the collaboration strategies and technological capabilities our leadership in VDC necessitates.
- 93% of clients surveyed would recommend us to a colleague
- 111% of our fee has been returned to our clients in project savings over the last 3 years
- 150 of our clients have been with us for over 20 years
SSOE is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified individuals in its employment practices. SSOE strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination against employees and applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, qualified veterans, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applicants with a disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to email@example.com for assistance. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodations will be made on a case-by-case basis.
EEO/M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.