Human Resources Generalist – León, Mexico
Mechanical Design Engineer
MEX5474 - Mexico Management HR - Mexico
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides input to operations manager on human resources planning, strategy and operations issues. Counsels and assists managers on corrective action program, when necessary.
- Works with managers to determine staffing needs and selects appropriate recruitment methods. Conducts internal and external recruitment to identify qualified candidates by coordinating staffing requisitions for personnel. This includes advanced sourcing, interviewing, salary recommendations, and negotiation of employment terms.
- Implements personnel policies and procedures. Recommends edits and changes to the employee handbook, job descriptions, and HR procedures to address cultural nuances.
- Works with operations to implement programming that provides engagement and development opportunities for staff.
- May train management in personnel-related administrative functions, including those in the area of employment law, career development, corrective action, and employee relations.
- Administers the termination process, including conducting exit interviews.
- May lead or be assigned other special projects / HR programs in addition to general HR responsibilities.
Minimum Education and Experience: Bachelor's Degree / DIRECT / 6-8
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, or related area required.
- Minimum 5 years human resources experience required.
- Must be bilingual. Strong verbal and written English skills are required.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, schedule driven environment required. Must be able to think critically, pay attention to detail, and multi-task.
- Demonstrated problem-solving abilities, as well as strong prioritization skills.
- Must have direct experience in hiring of staff and termination of employment.
- Must demonstrate working knowledge of Mexican Labor Law.
Position Summary The human resource generalist will support the SSOE Mexico Operations Manager in areas of talent acquisition, talent management, and talent development. Reporting to the Manager, Human Resources (International), this position will be the front line human resources contact for SSOE Mexico staff, while supporting corporate-wide initiatives and programs. Preferred candidate will have experience working within a multinational corporation (MNC) environment, ideally a professional services firm. Must be willing to travel locally and internationally as needed.
About SSOE Group
As a Top 10 Engineering / Architecture firm for the past 3 years and one of the
"Best AEC Firms to Work For" (Building Design + Construction), SSOE Group focuses on delivering Great Client Service to clients through a full range of EPCM services.
With more than 20 offices around the world, SSOE is known for making its clients successful by saving them time, trouble, and money. Over the company's 65-plus year history, it has earned a reputation for
providing quality project solutions to chemical, semiconductor, aerospace and defense, solar / photovoltaic, power, automotive, glass, healthcare, food and consumer products, and science and technology industries.
- SSOE was founded in 1948 and currently has more than 20 locations worldwide.
- We are a global engineering, procurement, and construction management (EPCM) firm with projects in 40 countries.
- SSOE offers program management services from design through construction, to commissioning and start-up, for seamless project delivery.
- SSOE's focus is using the appropriate project delivery method for your goals, included Virtual Design and Construction (VDC), which brings our clients better and faster results through more integrated teams and advanced technologies. Even when a more traditional delivery model is used, you'll see significant benefits from the collaboration strategies and technological capabilities our leadership in VDC necessitates.
- 93% of clients surveyed would recommend us to a colleague
- 111% of our fee has been returned to our clients in project savings over the last 3 years
- 150 of our clients have been with us for over 20 years
SSOE is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified individuals in its employment practices. SSOE strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination against employees and applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, qualified veterans, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applicants with a disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to email@example.com for assistance. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodations will be made on a case-by-case basis.
EEO/M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.