Instrumentation & Controls Engineer – Midland, MI
Instrumentation and Controls Engineer
MID1043 - EGCM Process Div Controls - Midland
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead effort for development of I&C design packages.
- Assist in P&ID development and create specifications.
- Develop and maintain instrument index, loop diagrams, instrument drawings, instrument installation details, control panel designs, and create specifications.
- Interface with client and SSOE team to coordinate design activities.
- Checking and technical assurance of drawings and specifications.
Contract / Regular Full-Time
Minimum Education and Experience: Bachelor's Degree / DIRECT / 8+ OSHA 10/30-hour Construction Certificate preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications.
- Process Instrumentation.
- DCS and PLC programming experience a plus.
Position Summary SSOE Group is seeking a senior-level Instrumentation and Controls Engineer for our Midland, Michigan office location to provide leadership for instrumentation and controls projects assigned to SSOE's Midland office. In this role, the engineer will interface with clients and SSOE team to develop project scopes, estimates, and coordinate design activities. This individual must have consulting experience in process instrumentation, electrical control systems, and process automation.
An ideal candidate will have possess leadership qualities, be able to provide technical assurance of drawing and specifications, as well as provide guidance to junior engineers. Chemical design experience required. Engineering degree from an ABET-accredited program is required.
About SSOE Group
As a Top 10 Engineering / Architecture firm for the past 3 years and one of the
"Best AEC Firms to Work For" (Building Design + Construction), SSOE Group focuses on delivering Great Client Service to clients through a full range of EPCM services.
With more than 20 offices around the world, SSOE is known for making its clients successful by saving them time, trouble, and money. Over the company's 65-plus year history, it has earned a reputation for
providing quality project solutions to chemical, semiconductor, aerospace and defense, solar / photovoltaic, power, automotive, glass, healthcare, food and consumer products, and science and technology industries.
- SSOE was founded in 1948 and currently has more than 20 locations worldwide.
- We are a global engineering, procurement, and construction management (EPCM) firm with projects in 40 countries.
- SSOE offers program management services from design through construction, to commissioning and start-up, for seamless project delivery.
- SSOE's focus is using the appropriate project delivery method for your goals, included Virtual Design and Construction (VDC), which brings our clients better and faster results through more integrated teams and advanced technologies. Even when a more traditional delivery model is used, you'll see significant benefits from the collaboration strategies and technological capabilities our leadership in VDC necessitates.
- 93% of clients surveyed would recommend us to a colleague
- 111% of our fee has been returned to our clients in project savings over the last 3 years
- 150 of our clients have been with us for over 20 years
SSOE is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified individuals in its employment practices. SSOE strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination against employees and applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, qualified veterans, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applicants with a disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to email@example.com for assistance. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodations will be made on a case-by-case basis.
EEO/M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.