Junior Structural Engineer (Tool Install) – Portland, OR
Junior Structural Engineer (Tool Install)
HIL3480 - AT Tool Install Design Structural - Hillsboro
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs a variety of routine engineering assignments under the direction of a supervisor with increasing responsibility based on performance.
- Consults with supervisor to screen assignments for unusual or difficult problems and selects appropriate methods and techniques to apply.
- Receives close supervision on new aspects of assignment, but has some freedom to exercise judgment in making engineering decisions.
- Works under the direction of a supervisor on specific and limited portions of a broader assignment that requires some supervision.
- Drafts interpretation of own design into completed working drawings and applies engineering fundamentals to design.
- May be assisted by a designer, but usually assumes no responsibility for direction of others.
- Performs routine calculations and work on PC system.
- Organizes and maintains project design notebook.
- Communicates with supervisor concerning progress or problems in an assigned task.
- Performs design work on CAD.
Contract / Regular Full-Time
Minimum Education and Experience: Bachelor's Degree / RELATED / 3-5 OSHA
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, which qualifies for licensure in the state of practice, is required.
- EIT preferred with a minimum 1 year experience, or the same educational requirements as above with 2 or more years of related practical experience with former employer(s).
- Travel required.
- Valid driver’s license required. May be waived for international assignments.
- Must have experience with AutoCAD or Revit.
- Experience with structural analysis software, such as RISA or STAAD is preferred.
- Candidates should have schooling or experience with seismic codes.
Position Summary This structural engineer will be responsible for performing a variety of routine engineering assignments under the supervision of a licensed professional engineer with increasing responsibility based on performance. Will work on fast-paced, complex, industrial projects within the tool install high-tech industry.
About SSOE Group
As a Top 10 Engineering / Architecture firm for the past 3 years and one of the
"Best AEC Firms to Work For" (Building Design + Construction), SSOE Group focuses on delivering Great Client Service to clients through a full range of EPCM services.
With more than 20 offices around the world, SSOE is known for making its clients successful by saving them time, trouble, and money. Over the company's 65-plus year history, it has earned a reputation for
providing quality project solutions to chemical, semiconductor, aerospace and defense, solar / photovoltaic, power, automotive, glass, healthcare, food and consumer products, and science and technology industries.
- SSOE was founded in 1948 and currently has more than 20 locations worldwide.
- We are a global engineering, procurement, and construction management (EPCM) firm with projects in 40 countries.
- SSOE offers program management services from design through construction, to commissioning and start-up, for seamless project delivery.
- SSOE's focus is using the appropriate project delivery method for your goals, included Virtual Design and Construction (VDC), which brings our clients better and faster results through more integrated teams and advanced technologies. Even when a more traditional delivery model is used, you'll see significant benefits from the collaboration strategies and technological capabilities our leadership in VDC necessitates.
- 93% of clients surveyed would recommend us to a colleague
- 111% of our fee has been returned to our clients in project savings over the last 3 years
- 150 of our clients have been with us for over 20 years
SSOE is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified individuals in its employment practices. SSOE strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination against employees and applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, qualified veterans, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applicants with a disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to email@example.com for assistance. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodations will be made on a case-by-case basis.
EEO/M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.