Mechanical Design Engineer – León, Mexico
Mechanical Design Engineer
MEX5460 - Mexico Mechanical
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Applies intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas of assignments.
- Makes decisions independently on engineering problems, practices, and methods and may create and refine unique design solutions. In the case of a licensed staff member, acting as a lead project engineer, this includes but is not limited to, the stamping / sealing of one's drawings / documents as well as drawings / documents done as the professional in "responsible charge" as defined by the applicable statute of jurisdiction.
- Plans, develops, coordinates, and directs a medium to large engineering project or a number of smaller complex projects with overall responsibility for budget adherence, schedule adherence, quality control, and inter-discipline coordination.
- Responsible for acceptance or rejection of major items involving materials, equipment, manufacturer's quality, and field construction.
- May serve in chosen discipline as a staff advisor or consultant in the role of technical specialist requiring highly, specialized knowledge and skills, and the use of advanced techniques.
- Supervision and guidance related largely to overall objectives, critical issues, new concepts, policy matters, and / or unusual problems and developments.
- May supervise, coordinate, and review the work of a team of engineers and designers working on the same assigned project.
- Defines project scope of work and organizes into manageable tasks.
- Provides supervisor and project manager with scope of work change warnings.
- Takes part in client contact and business development activities.
- Meets with client to define project scope, present project progress, and assure client satisfaction.
Minimum Education and Experience: Bachelor's Degree / DIRECT / 10+
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical / Chemical / Electromechanical Engineering.
- 10+ years of experience in HVAC, piping, plumbing, and fire protection
- English level advanced is required.
- Strong knowledge in Mexican construction codes, means, and methods and the different HVAC and piping systems.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD.
- Revit experience preferred.
- Experience in cost comparison for different mechanical systems (HVAC, compressed air, chilled water, cooling towers, industrial waste, storm and sanitary drainage in order to evaluate the best alternative in each project assignment).
Position Summary Mechanical Engineer, that will be part of the project design team performing design support in his / her disciplines. Ideal candidate would be a senior engineer with Mechanical engineering design experience (HVAC, FPS, piping, plumbing).
About SSOE Group
As a Top 10 Engineering / Architecture firm for the past 3 years and one of the
"Best AEC Firms to Work For" (Building Design + Construction), SSOE Group focuses on delivering Great Client Service to clients through a full range of EPCM services.
With more than 20 offices around the world, SSOE is known for making its clients successful by saving them time, trouble, and money. Over the company's 65-plus year history, it has earned a reputation for
providing quality project solutions to chemical, semiconductor, aerospace and defense, solar / photovoltaic, power, automotive, glass, healthcare, food and consumer products, and science and technology industries.
- SSOE was founded in 1948 and currently has more than 20 locations worldwide.
- We are a global engineering, procurement, and construction management (EPCM) firm with projects in 40 countries.
- SSOE offers program management services from design through construction, to commissioning and start-up, for seamless project delivery.
- SSOE's focus is using the appropriate project delivery method for your goals, included Virtual Design and Construction (VDC), which brings our clients better and faster results through more integrated teams and advanced technologies. Even when a more traditional delivery model is used, you'll see significant benefits from the collaboration strategies and technological capabilities our leadership in VDC necessitates.
- 93% of clients surveyed would recommend us to a colleague
- 111% of our fee has been returned to our clients in project savings over the last 3 years
- 150 of our clients have been with us for over 20 years
SSOE is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified individuals in its employment practices. SSOE strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination against employees and applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, qualified veterans, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applicants with a disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to email@example.com for assistance. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodations will be made on a case-by-case basis.
EEO/M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.