SSOE is looking to hire a Mechanical Engineer to join our growing healthcare, educational, and commercial team. As a mechanical engineer, you will work as part of a multidisciplinary design team providing our clients efficient and innovative solutions to their projects. Candidates must have experience in the design, sizing, and selection of mechanical building systems, including HVAC, piping, and plumbing.
Mechanical Engineer (Healthcare)
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Produces mechanical drawings in AutoCAD and Revit.
- Sizes and selects building mechanical systems such as miscellaneous piping, ductwork, HVAC, utility piping, boilers, chillers, etc.
- Design of plumbing systems, medical gas systems, and generator and emergency backup systems.
- Perform code analysis.
Minimum Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree / DIRECT / 0-2
OSHA 10/30-hour Construction Certificate preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge and use of AutoCAD, Revit experience preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft software: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Candidates should have experience working on commercial projects. Direct experience in healthcare and / or educational projects preferred.
- Navisworks experience is preferred.
- Qualified candidates will have experience with acute care hospitals, ambulatory care centers, long-term care facilities, medical educational facilities, medical laboratories, etc.
- Relocation assistance will be considered for the right candidate.
About SSOE Group
As a Top 10 Engineering / Architecture firm for the past 6 years (BD+C), SSOE focuses on delivering Great Client Service to clients through a full range of project delivery solutions. They have been named a "Great Workplace" (Great Place to Work®) and one of the "Best AEC Firms to Work For" (BD+C).
With more than 20 offices around the world, SSOE is known for making its clients successful by saving them time, trouble, and money. Over the company's 70-year history, it has earned a reputation for providing quality project solutions to semiconductor, automotive, food, chemical, glass, manufacturing, healthcare, power, and general building industries—with projects completed in 40 countries. Visit www.ssoe.com for additional information and career opportunities.
- SSOE was founded in 1948 and currently has more than 20 locations worldwide.
- We are a global project delivery firm for architecture, engineering, and construction management.
- SSOE offers program management services from design through construction, to commissioning and start-up, for seamless project delivery.
- 9 out of 10 clients surveyed would recommend us to a colleague.
- 95% of our fee has been returned to our clients in project savings over the last 5 years.
- 150 of our clients have been with us for over 20 years.
Equal Opportunity and Disability Accessibility Statement
SSOE is an equal opportunity employer and provides fair and equal treatment to all individuals, employees, and applicants for employment, regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, disability, genetic information, military / veteran status, or any other protected group status under federal, state, or local law. SSOE complies with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 and related laws. SSOE does not make employment decisions based upon any protected status under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Applicants with a disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may email their request to email@example.com for assistance. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodations will be made on a case-by-case basis.
EEO/M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws.
Have a question regarding our services? Need assistance with an upcoming project? Send us an email. We look forward to hearing from you and will follow up soon.