Plumbing Designer – Birmingham, AL / Nashville, TN
Birmingham, AL / Nashville, TN
TOL8260 - AMF Automotive Mechanical - Toledo
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and design plumbing systems for industrial and commercial projects.
- Write and edit project plumbing specifications. Have familiarity with AIA Master Specification related to plumbing design.
- Design and develop underground sanitary and industrial waste systems for projects.
- Design roof rain water drainage and overflow systems, along with providing calculations.
- Good communication and collaboration in team environments is required.
Contract / Regular Full-Time
Minimum Education and Experience: Associate's Degree / DIRECT / 3-5 OSHA 10/30-hour Construction Certificate preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Desire and ability to become lead plumbing engineer or designer.
- Previous experience in leading small mechanical project teams.
- Professional Engineering (PE) track, Certified Plumbing Design Technician (CPDT) certification, or CPDT track preferred.
- Assist project lead engineers on large projects or ability lead small projects.
- Ability to learn and apply multiple AutoCAD and modeling software.
- AutoCAD, Revit, or Microstation experience required; 3D CAD a plus.
- Additional knowledge and experience designing siphonic roof drainage systems a plus.
- Ability to design sanitary lift stations and domestic water booster systems.
- Select, layout, and coordinate mechanical equipment for assigned projects.
- Effective communicate and collaboration with the project team and client.
Position Summary Our mechanical engineering facility design / build group is seeking a Plumbing Designer to join our team. Qualified candidate is knowledgeable in plumbing code and design with experience in designing plumbing systems for commercial and industrial projects.
About SSOE Group
As a Top 10 Engineering / Architecture firm for the past 3 years and one of the
"Best AEC Firms to Work For" (Building Design + Construction), SSOE Group focuses on delivering Great Client Service to clients through a full range of EPCM services.
With more than 20 offices around the world, SSOE is known for making its clients successful by saving them time, trouble, and money. Over the company's 65-plus year history, it has earned a reputation for
providing quality project solutions to chemical, semiconductor, aerospace and defense, solar / photovoltaic, power, automotive, glass, healthcare, food and consumer products, and science and technology industries.
- SSOE was founded in 1948 and currently has more than 20 locations worldwide.
- We are a global engineering, procurement, and construction management (EPCM) firm with projects in 40 countries.
- SSOE offers program management services from design through construction, to commissioning and start-up, for seamless project delivery.
- SSOE's focus is using the appropriate project delivery method for your goals, included Virtual Design and Construction (VDC), which brings our clients better and faster results through more integrated teams and advanced technologies. Even when a more traditional delivery model is used, you'll see significant benefits from the collaboration strategies and technological capabilities our leadership in VDC necessitates.
- 93% of clients surveyed would recommend us to a colleague
- 111% of our fee has been returned to our clients in project savings over the last 3 years
- 150 of our clients have been with us for over 20 years
SSOE is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified individuals in its employment practices. SSOE strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination against employees and applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, qualified veterans, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applicants with a disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to email@example.com for assistance. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodations will be made on a case-by-case basis.
EEO/M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.