Process Piping Designer – Portland, OR
Process Piping Designer
HIL3555 - AT High Tech Process - Hillsboro
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Will design piping systems in Revit.
- May size water distribution piping based on established criteria.
- Provide field data to verify design content and for drawing generation / completion.
- Work under close supervision with work effort frequently checked during progress and reviewed upon completion. Supervision will lessen with experience.
- Will interface with engineers and other designers.
Contract / Regular Full-Time
Minimum Education and Experience: Associate's Degree / DIRECT / 1-10
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Associate degree in chemical, mechanical, or any engineering technology related field.
- Experience in piping design, layout, and construction drawing generation.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD in the creation of construction documents.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Effective communication and impromptu problem-solving skills.
- Previous AE firm experience with emphasis on new and / or existing industrial and high-tech manufacturing facilities is preferred.
- Capability to size mechanical / hydronic piping (chilled / hot water, steam, etc.)
- Plumbing and / or fire protection design experience desired.
- Process gases / Process chemical system design experience desirable.
- Work experience with Revit a major plus. Revit will be required if more than 4 years of piping design experience.
Position Summary SSOE is seeking a chemical process piping designer for industrial facilities projects. Experience in high-tech industry a plus.
About SSOE Group
As a Top 10 Engineering / Architecture firm for the past 3 years and one of the
"Best AEC Firms to Work For" (Building Design + Construction), SSOE Group focuses on delivering Great Client Service to clients through a full range of EPCM services.
With more than 20 offices around the world, SSOE is known for making its clients successful by saving them time, trouble, and money. Over the company's 65-plus year history, it has earned a reputation for
providing quality project solutions to chemical, semiconductor, aerospace and defense, solar / photovoltaic, power, automotive, glass, healthcare, food and consumer products, and science and technology industries.
- SSOE was founded in 1948 and currently has more than 20 locations worldwide.
- We are a global engineering, procurement, and construction management (EPCM) firm with projects in 40 countries.
- SSOE offers program management services from design through construction, to commissioning and start-up, for seamless project delivery.
- SSOE's focus is using the appropriate project delivery method for your goals, included Virtual Design and Construction (VDC), which brings our clients better and faster results through more integrated teams and advanced technologies. Even when a more traditional delivery model is used, you'll see significant benefits from the collaboration strategies and technological capabilities our leadership in VDC necessitates.
- 93% of clients surveyed would recommend us to a colleague
- 111% of our fee has been returned to our clients in project savings over the last 3 years
- 150 of our clients have been with us for over 20 years
SSOE is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified individuals in its employment practices. SSOE strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination against employees and applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, qualified veterans, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applicants with a disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodations will be made on a case-by-case basis.
EEO/M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.