Project Manager (Design-Build) – Birmingham, AL
Project Manager (Design-Build)
BIR8111- AMF Alabama Industrial Proj Mgmt - Birmingham
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage multidiscipline projects related to the design and construction projects in the industrial facilities sector.
- Prepare and maintain necessary project start-up, status, and compliance documentation.
- Organize and distribute project workload among various offices, disciples, and teams.
- Ensure projects are adhering to project schedule and budget.
- Facilitate communication and interaction with teams, owners, clients, and contractors.
Contract / Regular Full-Time
Minimum Education and Experience: Bachelor's Degree / DIRECT / 6-8 OSHA 10/30-hour Construction Certificate preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven ability to manage and track scope, schedule, budget, and client expectations, specifically using PMP principles.
- Excellent communication skills to lead and support teams across multiple locations.
- Effectively able to work in both a team environment and independently.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite products.
- Prior experience in Deltek Vision a plus.
- Effective delegation skills as well as mentorship / guidance of junior staff.
- PMP certified, seeking certification, or willing to obtain certification, required.
- Possess strong and effective leadership abilities and skills.
Position Summary Experience in industrial and manufacturing facility planning, design, and construction. Experience required in automotive / transportation facility design related sector, also experience in general industrial / manufacturing sectors also desired.
About SSOE Group
As a Top 10 Engineering / Architecture firm for the past 3 years and one of the
"Best AEC Firms to Work For" (Building Design + Construction), SSOE Group focuses on delivering Great Client Service to clients through a full range of EPCM services.
With more than 20 offices around the world, SSOE is known for making its clients successful by saving them time, trouble, and money. Over the company's 65-plus year history, it has earned a reputation for
providing quality project solutions to chemical, semiconductor, aerospace and defense, solar / photovoltaic, power, automotive, glass, healthcare, food and consumer products, and science and technology industries.
- SSOE was founded in 1948 and currently has more than 20 locations worldwide.
- We are a global engineering, procurement, and construction management (EPCM) firm with projects in 40 countries.
- SSOE offers program management services from design through construction, to commissioning and start-up, for seamless project delivery.
- SSOE's focus is using the appropriate project delivery method for your goals, included Virtual Design and Construction (VDC), which brings our clients better and faster results through more integrated teams and advanced technologies. Even when a more traditional delivery model is used, you'll see significant benefits from the collaboration strategies and technological capabilities our leadership in VDC necessitates.
- 93% of clients surveyed would recommend us to a colleague
- 111% of our fee has been returned to our clients in project savings over the last 3 years
- 150 of our clients have been with us for over 20 years
SSOE is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified individuals in its employment practices. SSOE strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination against employees and applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, qualified veterans, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applicants with a disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodations will be made on a case-by-case basis.
EEO/M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.