Project Manager (Design & Construction) – Eng.
Project Manager (Design & Construction) - Eng.
SHA8711 - China/Asia EPCM Svcs Proj Mgmt - Shanghai
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the planning, directing, supervising, and controlling of all technical, fiscal, and administrative functions of contractual and capital project management activities.
- Responsible for project execution, delivering period spending, forecasting period spend maximum opportunities and updating the projected final costs in accordance with the approved plan.
- Maintain knowledge of project work flow processes.
- Responsible for clarifying all areas of scope and ensures stakeholder alignment.
- Review contractor knowledge/expertise determining the level of detailed engineering required and selection of core team members or outside specialists matched to the project technical content.
- Implement new strategies throughout the project work flow integrating them in the project execution plan.
- Develop an integrated aligned design and construction strategy.
- Maintain thorough understanding of the start-up process and project closeout process.
Minimum Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree / DIRECT / 8+ OSHA 10/30-hour Construction Certificate preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor or Masters Degree in Engineering preferred or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Minimum of 10 years experience within the industry and at least 2 years in project management.
- Good facilitator with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Occasional travel may be required.
Position Summary The Project Manager will be responsible for the full performance of every phase of small to medium size projects including capital planning, inception, design, construction, commissioning/validation and project closeout.
About SSOE Group
As a Top 10 Engineering / Architecture firm for the past 3 years and one of the
"Best AEC Firms to Work For" (Building Design + Construction), SSOE Group focuses on delivering Great Client Service to clients through a full range of EPCM services.
With more than 20 offices around the world, SSOE is known for making its clients successful by saving them time, trouble, and money. Over the company's 65-plus year history, it has earned a reputation for
providing quality project solutions to chemical, semiconductor, aerospace and defense, solar / photovoltaic, power, automotive, glass, healthcare, food and consumer products, and science and technology industries.
- SSOE was founded in 1948 and currently has more than 20 locations worldwide.
- We are a global engineering, procurement, and construction management (EPCM) firm with projects in 40 countries.
- SSOE offers program management services from design through construction, to commissioning and start-up, for seamless project delivery.
- SSOE's focus is using the appropriate project delivery method for your goals, included Virtual Design and Construction (VDC), which brings our clients better and faster results through more integrated teams and advanced technologies. Even when a more traditional delivery model is used, you'll see significant benefits from the collaboration strategies and technological capabilities our leadership in VDC necessitates.
- 93% of clients surveyed would recommend us to a colleague
- 111% of our fee has been returned to our clients in project savings over the last 3 years
- 150 of our clients have been with us for over 20 years
SSOE is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified individuals in its employment practices. SSOE strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination against employees and applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, qualified veterans, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applicants with a disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to email@example.com for assistance. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodations will be made on a case-by-case basis.
EEO/M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.