Project Manager – Toledo, OH / Troy, MI
Toledo, OH / Troy, MI
TOL6111 - HCE Operations Project Mgmt - Toledo
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage multidiscipline projects related to the design and construction of commercial facilities.
- Prepare and maintain necessary project start-up documentation, including contracts (AIA Standard Form of Agreement) and project plans.
- Organizes and distributes project workload among various offices and teams, while facilitating communication and interaction with teams, owners, clients, and contractors.
- Ensures projects are in line with project schedule and budget, while tracking and reporting updates to shareholders.
Minimum Education and Experience: Bachelor's Degree / DIRECT / 6-8 OSHA 10/30-hour Construction Certificate preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's or master's degree in architecture preferred or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Five years experience in design and construction industry, with at least 2 years in project management registration. Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) or Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
- Proven ability to manage scope, schedule, budget, and client expectations, specifically using PMP principles.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to lead and support multiple teams across multiple locations.
- Ability to effectively work in both independently and in a team environment, with the willingness and capability to share knowledge and coach individuals with varying levels of experience.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
- Prior experience with Deltek Vision a plus.
- Travel is required and can provide a valid driver’s license and ability to qualify for company auto insurance required.
Position Summary SSOE is seeking an experienced and collaborative project manager with a background in healthcare, commercial, or education design and construction. Qualified candidates have proven ability to manage multiple building projects with multiple disciplines under an umbrella program. Previous experience working with A/E teams, both as prime and with subcontracted entities, and knowledge of construction and contracts required.
About SSOE Group
As a Top 10 Engineering / Architecture firm for the past 3 years and one of the
"Best AEC Firms to Work For" (Building Design + Construction), SSOE Group focuses on delivering Great Client Service to clients through a full range of EPCM services.
With more than 20 offices around the world, SSOE is known for making its clients successful by saving them time, trouble, and money. Over the company's 65-plus year history, it has earned a reputation for
providing quality project solutions to chemical, semiconductor, aerospace and defense, solar / photovoltaic, power, automotive, glass, healthcare, food and consumer products, and science and technology industries.
- SSOE was founded in 1948 and currently has more than 20 locations worldwide.
- We are a global engineering, procurement, and construction management (EPCM) firm with projects in 40 countries.
- SSOE offers program management services from design through construction, to commissioning and start-up, for seamless project delivery.
- SSOE's focus is using the appropriate project delivery method for your goals, included Virtual Design and Construction (VDC), which brings our clients better and faster results through more integrated teams and advanced technologies. Even when a more traditional delivery model is used, you'll see significant benefits from the collaboration strategies and technological capabilities our leadership in VDC necessitates.
- 93% of clients surveyed would recommend us to a colleague
- 111% of our fee has been returned to our clients in project savings over the last 3 years
- 150 of our clients have been with us for over 20 years
SSOE is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified individuals in its employment practices. SSOE strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination against employees and applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, qualified veterans, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applicants with a disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodations will be made on a case-by-case basis.
EEO/M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.