The Safety Coordinator will help lead SSOE’s safety program both from a Corporate perspective and Project specific safety needs. This position will help manage SSOE’s safety manual and procedures while striving for continuous improvements. This position helps to improve the SSOE safety culture through the organization and office locations. The Safety Coordinator assists the Safety Manager with other duties as assigned to improve safety of the entire organization.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Helps to develop, implements, and maintains the safety management system.
- Assists in the creation of a standardized safety requirements program for all subcontractors and third parties that may have exposure to the job site under control of SSOE.
- Responsible for managing safety activities to ensure implementation of safety policies.
- Ensures compliance with environmental, health and safety regulatory agencies.
- Leads and motivates staff with respect to safety throughout the organization making certain that safety requirements, practices and procedures are understood and utilized by all staff.
- Examines safety plans and procedures for all work at all job sites. Develops standardized safety and health checklists for supervisors and employees to be utilized during the planning and execution of all jobs from client provided expectations.
- Ensures all staff understands the basic safety and health requirements needed to ensure compliance with regulatory safety and health law as well as applicable SSOE best safety management practices.
- Assists Human Resources with ensuring that employees are following all procedures and policies as directed.
- Assists the Safety Manager with developing company written safety and health best practices that are over and above OSHA requirements, or government building codes in non-US locations, such as accident investigation techniques.
- Inspects fire safety and other safety equipment, machinery, and facilities to identify and correct potential hazards and ensures compliance with safety and environmental regulations.
- Maintains liaison with outside organizations to assure information exchange and mutual assistance.
- Ensures that all subcontractors are following the requirements of both SSOE and other parties.
- Communicates and ensures the requirements for personal protective equipment (PPE) and safety devices are followed.
- Works with the Training and Development Department to conduct or coordinate safety and first aid training to educate workers about applicable safety policies, laws, and practices.
- Investigates accidents to minimize recurrence and prepares accident reports.
- Communicates and partners with the Safety Team to report out on their area, work activities and challenges.
- Conducts site safety audits and issues checks on projects or sites as needed to ensure compliance with client, SSOE and regulatory standards.
- Visits and audits SSOE offices to ensure compliance with all standards.
- Delivers safety messages and trainings as needed to communicate messages to others.
- Works closely with the Safety Manager and the safety team to deliver a clear message of safety always to all employees and those in contact with SSOE
Minimum Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree / DIRECT / 8+
OSHA 10/30-hour Construction Certificate preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- BA/BS Degree preferred
- Knowledge of Environmental, Health & Safety (EH&S) regulations, standards and codes.
- Certification(s) in EH&S fields of study preferred
- Minimum five (5) years EH&S experience in construction industry
- Professional certification preferred, or willingness to obtain.
- OSHA 500 certification is preferred.
- Must be willing to travel.
- Knowledge of construction safety and how to perform safety audits and job checks.
- Knowledge of accident/incident investigations.
- Ability to communicate well with others. Computer skills of Excel, Powerpoint, Word, Bim360Field, ProjectWise
- Knowledge of OSHA and MSHA regulations.
- Ability to walk, climb, stand and otherwise move easily on all types of projects.
- Must be able to use all types of PPE and wear respiratory protection as necessary after passing a medical evaluation and fit test.
About SSOE Group
As a Top 10 Engineering / Architecture firm for the past 6 years (BD+C), SSOE focuses on delivering Great Client Service to clients through a full range of project delivery solutions. They have been named a "Great Workplace" (Great Place to Work®) and one of the "Best AEC Firms to Work For" (BD+C).
With more than 20 offices around the world, SSOE is known for making its clients successful by saving them time, trouble, and money. Over the company's 70-year history, it has earned a reputation for providing quality project solutions to semiconductor, automotive, food, chemical, glass, manufacturing, healthcare, power, and general building industries—with projects completed in 40 countries. Visit www.ssoe.com for additional information and career opportunities.
- SSOE was founded in 1948 and currently has more than 20 locations worldwide.
- We are a global project delivery firm for architecture, engineering, and construction management.
- SSOE offers program management services from design through construction, to commissioning and start-up, for seamless project delivery.
- 9 out of 10 clients surveyed would recommend us to a colleague.
- 95% of our fee has been returned to our clients in project savings over the last 5 years.
- 150 of our clients have been with us for over 20 years.
Equal Opportunity and Disability Accessibility Statement
SSOE is an equal opportunity employer and provides fair and equal treatment to all individuals, employees, and applicants for employment, regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, disability, genetic information, military / veteran status, or any other protected group status under federal, state, or local law. SSOE complies with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 and related laws. SSOE does not make employment decisions based upon any protected status under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Applicants with a disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may email their request to email@example.com for assistance. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodations will be made on a case-by-case basis.
EEO/M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws.
Have a question regarding our services? Need assistance with an upcoming project? Send us an email. We look forward to hearing from you and will follow up soon.