Senior Architect – Shanghai, China
SHA8861 - China A/E Svcs CSA - Shanghai
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Applies sound and diversified knowledge of architectural principles and practices in broad areas of assignments in related fields
- Makes independent decisions on architectural problems, practices, and methods. In the case of a licensed staff member, acting as a lead project architect, this includes but is not limited to, the stamping/sealing of one’s drawings/documents as well as drawings/documents done as the professional in "responsible charge" as defined by the applicable statute of jurisdiction
- May consult with department manager or project manager concerning unusual problems and developments
- Plans, develops, coordinates, and directs a medium to large architectural project or a number of smaller complex projects with overall responsibility for construction estimate, budget adherence, quality control, and inter-discipline coordination
- Responsible for solid, finished plans and specifications and final acceptance or rejection of major items involving materials, equipment, manufacturer’s quality, and field construction results
- May, within own discipline, oversee the drafting effort on a project and coordinate this effort with other disciplines on the same project and, at times, may be responsible for checking a portion or all completed drawings
- Takes an active part in client contact and business development activities and may participate in presentations.
Minimum Education and Experience: Bachelor's Degree / DIRECT / 8+
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Architecture.
- At least 10 years architectural design experience in local design institute.
- Familiar with related local GB and international codes and standards.
- Proficient in AutoCAD 2D and 3D (Revit) software.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Good team management and coordination skill.
- Must hold valid Chinese Senior Engineer Certificate.
Position Summary SSOE is looking to expand our A/E design team in Shanghai, China. The Senior Architect will support multi-disciplined design teams for industrial projects in China. Candidates must have ten or more years of direct experience, and hold a current Chinese Senior Engineer Certificate. Experience with 3D design software is preferred.
About SSOE Group
As a Top 10 Engineering / Architecture firm for the past 3 years and one of the
"Best AEC Firms to Work For" (Building Design + Construction), SSOE Group focuses on delivering Great Client Service to clients through a full range of EPCM services.
With more than 20 offices around the world, SSOE is known for making its clients successful by saving them time, trouble, and money. Over the company's 65-plus year history, it has earned a reputation for
providing quality project solutions to chemical, semiconductor, aerospace and defense, solar / photovoltaic, power, automotive, glass, healthcare, food and consumer products, and science and technology industries.
- SSOE was founded in 1948 and currently has more than 20 locations worldwide.
- We are a global engineering, procurement, and construction management (EPCM) firm with projects in 40 countries.
- SSOE offers program management services from design through construction, to commissioning and start-up, for seamless project delivery.
- SSOE's focus is using the appropriate project delivery method for your goals, included Virtual Design and Construction (VDC), which brings our clients better and faster results through more integrated teams and advanced technologies. Even when a more traditional delivery model is used, you'll see significant benefits from the collaboration strategies and technological capabilities our leadership in VDC necessitates.
- 93% of clients surveyed would recommend us to a colleague
- 111% of our fee has been returned to our clients in project savings over the last 3 years
- 150 of our clients have been with us for over 20 years
SSOE is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified individuals in its employment practices. SSOE strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination against employees and applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, qualified veterans, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applicants with a disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodations will be made on a case-by-case basis.
EEO/M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.