Senior Project Manager (Design Engineering) – Portland, OR
Senior Project Manager (Design Engineering)
HIL3111 - AT Basebuild Ops Project Mgmt - Hillsboro
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates single or multidisciplinary projects of small to medium size.
- Directly accountable for adherence to timetable and financial success of the project.
- Responsible for preparation of fee proposal and contract negotiations with client with input from the Principal in Charge (PIC).
- Establishes project scope of work in coordination with discipline leads and department managers including: planning of work, design concepts / design direction, determining discipline type and amount of tasks to be performed, communicates to DM staff capabilities to fit specific project needs.
- Prepares the project execution plan, establishes control procedures, monitors progress, and takes corrective action as may be required.
- Prepares project budget and work schedule to serve as a means of tracking progress. Makes adjustments to meet budget and schedule objectives.
- Develops budget for expenses.
- Follows established procedures to effectively administer project (i.e., construction cost estimating, correspondence, document control, etc.).
- Contracts for outside consultants / services as needed.
- Interfaces with building authorities having jurisdiction and regulatory agencies.
- Communicates client requirements to each discipline.
- Coordinates meetings and establishes all design document flow and document control with client, contractors, regulatory agencies, and others involved.
- Monitors progress of project, reviews work accomplished, and monitors construction budget costs.
- Reviews and approves client billings.
- Participates in client contact and business development activities.
- Responsible for the collection of past due amounts with assistance from the PIC or accounting as needed.
- May assist in the training or mentoring of other project managers to familiarize them with SSOE or the client specific requirements.
- Follows established change management procedures to document and receive authorization for project change orders in a timely manner.
- May travel to other SSOE facilities and / or client locations for coordination purposes or to provide training.
- Travel required.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Additional considerations: coaches, directs, coordinates, facilitates, and supervises department staff. This includes all evaluation and employee relations responsibilities: manpower planning / staffing, hiring, development, promotion and performance management.
- Ensures the technical competency and quality of work performed by staff.
- Develops, organizes, and implements discipline and departmental standards, recordkeeping, and improvements. Responsible for establishing, monitoring, and adhering to planning year budget or otherwise taking action to make changes and adjustments as necessary to meet financials objectives. Implements strategic activities within department to achieve objectives of operations unit and corporate business.
- Identifies strengths and weaknesses of department personnel to identify and prioritize training needs. Develops and implements department training program with the assistance of the learning and development department.
- Responsible for departmental expenses, profit, and loss.
- Supports or drive strategic improvement initiatives.
Minimum Education and Experience: Bachelor's Degree / RELATED / 8+ OSHA 10/30-hour Construction Certificate preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Engineering preferred or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- PMP Certification preferred.
- Knowledge of industrial facilities design, construction, and operation required via past proven experience.
- Design management experience required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Project or other scheduling software required.
- Construction management experience desirable.
Position Summary The Project Manager will be responsible for coordinating single or multidisciplinary industrial facilities design projects of small to medium size.
The Project Manager oversees various projects by effectively utilizing resources to provide a finished design that meets all aspects of the construction/engineering specifications. This requires the candidate to be able to coordinate and supervise the project from concept to completion.
About SSOE Group
As a Top 10 Engineering / Architecture firm for the past 3 years and one of the
"Best AEC Firms to Work For" (Building Design + Construction), SSOE Group focuses on delivering Great Client Service to clients through a full range of EPCM services.
With more than 20 offices around the world, SSOE is known for making its clients successful by saving them time, trouble, and money. Over the company's 65-plus year history, it has earned a reputation for
providing quality project solutions to chemical, semiconductor, aerospace and defense, solar / photovoltaic, power, automotive, glass, healthcare, food and consumer products, and science and technology industries.
- SSOE was founded in 1948 and currently has more than 20 locations worldwide.
- We are a global engineering, procurement, and construction management (EPCM) firm with projects in 40 countries.
- SSOE offers program management services from design through construction, to commissioning and start-up, for seamless project delivery.
- SSOE's focus is using the appropriate project delivery method for your goals, included Virtual Design and Construction (VDC), which brings our clients better and faster results through more integrated teams and advanced technologies. Even when a more traditional delivery model is used, you'll see significant benefits from the collaboration strategies and technological capabilities our leadership in VDC necessitates.
- 93% of clients surveyed would recommend us to a colleague
- 111% of our fee has been returned to our clients in project savings over the last 3 years
- 150 of our clients have been with us for over 20 years
SSOE is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified individuals in its employment practices. SSOE strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination against employees and applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, qualified veterans, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applicants with a disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to email@example.com for assistance. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodations will be made on a case-by-case basis.
EEO/M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.