Sr. Project Manager (Industrial Process) – Cincinnati, OH / Columbus, OH / Midland, MI / Toledo, OH
Sr. Project Manager (Industrial Process)
Cincinnati, OH / Columbus, OH / Midland, MI / Toledo, OH
TOL1511 - EGCM Project Mgmt - Toledo
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing design teams on multiple projects (from front-end loading through detailed design and construction) for chemical, refining, industrial, or manufacturing companies and / or electrical utilities.
- Key interface with client on project progress (i.e., scope development, budget updates, schedule updates, issues, change orders, leading design reviews, construction package strategy, action item lists, etc.)
- Provide business development support to develop opportunities with new and existing clients.
Minimum Education and Experience: Bachelor's Degree / DIRECT / 8+ OSHA 10/30-hour Construction Certificate preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products.
- Proven proficiency in utilizing project controls tools.
- Beneficial to have some plant experience in the chemical, manufacturing, or industrial industry or with an electrical utility.
- Candidate should have experience with interacting with owner, construction management, and contractors.
- Responsible for preparation of fee proposal, contract negotiations with client with input from PIC, and accountable for adherence to timetable and financial success of all projects.
- PMP certification is a plus. External applicants: PMP Certification is required within a year
- Prior experience in Deltek Vision a plus.
- BSChE, BSME or BSEE is required. Other BS degrees will be considered.
Position Summary SSOE is seeking a talented project manager for multiple office locations. The candidate must have a proven track record of executing and managing projects that develop drawings and specifications as a deliverable, preferably for chemical, heavy industrial, refining and manufacturing companies, and / or electrical utilities. An ideal professional for this role will be a natural leader and effective communicator, who thrives in a team environment. PMP certification is not required, but preferred.
About SSOE Group
As a Top 10 Engineering / Architecture firm for the past 3 years and one of the
"Best AEC Firms to Work For" (Building Design + Construction), SSOE Group focuses on delivering Great Client Service to clients through a full range of EPCM services.
With more than 20 offices around the world, SSOE is known for making its clients successful by saving them time, trouble, and money. Over the company's 65-plus year history, it has earned a reputation for
providing quality project solutions to chemical, semiconductor, aerospace and defense, solar / photovoltaic, power, automotive, glass, healthcare, food and consumer products, and science and technology industries.
- SSOE was founded in 1948 and currently has more than 20 locations worldwide.
- We are a global engineering, procurement, and construction management (EPCM) firm with projects in 40 countries.
- SSOE offers program management services from design through construction, to commissioning and start-up, for seamless project delivery.
- SSOE's focus is using the appropriate project delivery method for your goals, included Virtual Design and Construction (VDC), which brings our clients better and faster results through more integrated teams and advanced technologies. Even when a more traditional delivery model is used, you'll see significant benefits from the collaboration strategies and technological capabilities our leadership in VDC necessitates.
- 93% of clients surveyed would recommend us to a colleague
- 111% of our fee has been returned to our clients in project savings over the last 3 years
- 150 of our clients have been with us for over 20 years
SSOE is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified individuals in its employment practices. SSOE strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination against employees and applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, qualified veterans, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applicants with a disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodations will be made on a case-by-case basis.
EEO/M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.