Structural Engineer – Birmingham, AL / León, Mexico / Nashville, TN
Birmingham, AL / León, Mexico / Nashville, TN
BRE8280 - AMF Automotive Structural - Brentwood
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform engineering calculations, develop sections and detail drawings and review shop drawings.
- Act as structural discipline lead and assist other engineers on project, supervise designers for production of drawings, coordinate with other disciplines and correspond with client regarding project requirements.
- Perform proposal work; determining scope and hours for the structural teams for projects, plus respond to construction-related questions thru out the project.
Contract / Regular Full-Time
Minimum Education and Experience: Bachelor's Degree / DIRECT / 3-5 OSHA 10/30-hour Construction Certificate preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in Civil, focusing on structural engineering is required.
- Has earned a PE license, or pursuing and tracked to get a PE is preferred.
- Experience in structural steel design, building codes and structural standards/regulations, reinforced and unreinforced concrete design is required.
- Experience in load bearing and non-load bearing masonry design, specific to designing automotive and industrial buildings is preferred.
- Experience with either STAAD, RISA 3D or RAM Elements software.
- Due to required travel, a valid US driver's license and ability to qualify for coverage under company's insurance policy required.
Position Summary SSOE is seeking a mid-level Structural Engineer to lead structural projects and assist on projects within our automotive industry sector. Our team is looking for a individual with previous experience with building codes, structural design standards and strong knowledge of designing automotive and industrial buildings.
About SSOE Group
As a Top 10 Engineering / Architecture firm for the past 3 years and one of the
"Best AEC Firms to Work For" (Building Design + Construction), SSOE Group focuses on delivering Great Client Service to clients through a full range of EPCM services.
With more than 20 offices around the world, SSOE is known for making its clients successful by saving them time, trouble, and money. Over the company's 65-plus year history, it has earned a reputation for
providing quality project solutions to chemical, semiconductor, aerospace and defense, solar / photovoltaic, power, automotive, glass, healthcare, food and consumer products, and science and technology industries.
- SSOE was founded in 1948 and currently has more than 20 locations worldwide.
- We are a global engineering, procurement, and construction management (EPCM) firm with projects in 40 countries.
- SSOE offers program management services from design through construction, to commissioning and start-up, for seamless project delivery.
- SSOE's focus is using the appropriate project delivery method for your goals, included Virtual Design and Construction (VDC), which brings our clients better and faster results through more integrated teams and advanced technologies. Even when a more traditional delivery model is used, you'll see significant benefits from the collaboration strategies and technological capabilities our leadership in VDC necessitates.
- 93% of clients surveyed would recommend us to a colleague
- 111% of our fee has been returned to our clients in project savings over the last 3 years
- 150 of our clients have been with us for over 20 years
SSOE is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified individuals in its employment practices. SSOE strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination against employees and applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, qualified veterans, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applicants with a disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to email@example.com for assistance. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodations will be made on a case-by-case basis.
EEO/M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.