Structural Engineer (Commercial) – Toledo, OH / Troy, MI
Structural Engineer (Commercial)
Toledo, OH / Troy, MI
BRE6180 - HCE Operations Structural - Brentwood
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Visit sites to gather data and resolve field issues throughout the project.
- Projects will range from new construction, additions, and renovation projects.
- Will be responsible for schedules and budgets to maintain deliverables within scope, while tracking and reporting scope creep for projects.
- Will work with specialty equipment such as CT, MRI, linear accelerators, surgical light booms, etc.
Contract / Regular Full-Time
Minimum Education and Experience: Bachelor's Degree / DIRECT / 8+ OSHA 10/30-hour Construction Certificate preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to be the structural lead for medium to large projects.
- Proven success in directing and leading young engineers and designers to complete projects. Plus previous experience working interactively within internal multi-disciplinary and cross-functional teams.
- Have working knowledge of wood structures, CMU bar joist, load-bearing light gauge, steel, reinforced concrete, post-tensioned concrete, pre-stressed concrete, high wind and seismic design.
- Experience with Revit, AutoCAD, and Ram software suites a plus.
- Currently holds a PE or in the process of obtaining the PE.
Position Summary SSOE is seeking a structural engineer with past experience and knowledge designing healthcare facilities, such as long-term acute care hospitals, medical office buildings, dialysis clinics, assisted living facilities, veteran’s affairs, multi-story office buildings, religious (churches, etc.), K-12, and post-secondary schools. Will work closely with project architectural teams, other engineering disciplines teams, and various on-site teams to coordinate through projects, from start to finish.
About SSOE Group
As a Top 10 Engineering / Architecture firm for the past 3 years and one of the
"Best AEC Firms to Work For" (Building Design + Construction), SSOE Group focuses on delivering Great Client Service to clients through a full range of EPCM services.
With more than 20 offices around the world, SSOE is known for making its clients successful by saving them time, trouble, and money. Over the company's 65-plus year history, it has earned a reputation for
providing quality project solutions to chemical, semiconductor, aerospace and defense, solar / photovoltaic, power, automotive, glass, healthcare, food and consumer products, and science and technology industries.
- SSOE was founded in 1948 and currently has more than 20 locations worldwide.
- We are a global engineering, procurement, and construction management (EPCM) firm with projects in 40 countries.
- SSOE offers program management services from design through construction, to commissioning and start-up, for seamless project delivery.
- SSOE's focus is using the appropriate project delivery method for your goals, included Virtual Design and Construction (VDC), which brings our clients better and faster results through more integrated teams and advanced technologies. Even when a more traditional delivery model is used, you'll see significant benefits from the collaboration strategies and technological capabilities our leadership in VDC necessitates.
- 93% of clients surveyed would recommend us to a colleague
- 111% of our fee has been returned to our clients in project savings over the last 3 years
- 150 of our clients have been with us for over 20 years
SSOE is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified individuals in its employment practices. SSOE strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination against employees and applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, qualified veterans, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applicants with a disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodations will be made on a case-by-case basis.
EEO/M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.