Structural Engineer – Portland, OR
HIL3380 - AT Basebuild Eng Structural - Hillsboro
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Produces organized structural calculations for support systems required to enable lead discipline designs and assist lead structural engineer.
- Analyze existing structures for new loads and provide recommendations for strengthening where required.
- Design new efficient structural systems using steel, concrete, and strut and deliver design information on time.
- Develop understanding of multifaceted client to better solve unique conditions.
- Apply creative problem solving skills to see beyond standard answers.
- Consults with supervisor to screen assignments for unusual or difficult problems and selects appropriate methods and techniques to apply.
- Exercises judgment for engineering decisions for some aspects of design, but receives supervision and direct input on new aspects of assignment.
- Sketches design into completed working details and drawings based on engineering fundamentals.
- Develop and validate computer models of complex structural systems.
- Communicates with supervisor concerning progress or problems in an assigned task.
Contract / Regular Full-Time
Minimum Education and Experience: Bachelor's Degree / RELATED / 6-8
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor Degree or Masters degree in Structural Engineering from an ABET-accredited college.
- PE required. SE a plus.
- Solid understanding of structural fundamentals required
- Knowledge of building codes including seismic requirements.
- Experience with structural analysis software such as RISA or STAAD.
- Experience with Revit preferred.
- Valid driver’s license required.
Position Summary SSOE is seeking an experienced Structural Engineer (PE) to reinforce our team of skilled multidisciplinary engineers and designers. The ideal candidate is committed to producing high quality deliverables varied projects for advanced technology clients.
About SSOE Group
As a Top 10 Engineering / Architecture firm for the past 3 years and one of the
"Best AEC Firms to Work For" (Building Design + Construction), SSOE Group focuses on delivering Great Client Service to clients through a full range of EPCM services.
With more than 20 offices around the world, SSOE is known for making its clients successful by saving them time, trouble, and money. Over the company's 65-plus year history, it has earned a reputation for
providing quality project solutions to chemical, semiconductor, aerospace and defense, solar / photovoltaic, power, automotive, glass, healthcare, food and consumer products, and science and technology industries.
- SSOE was founded in 1948 and currently has more than 20 locations worldwide.
- We are a global engineering, procurement, and construction management (EPCM) firm with projects in 40 countries.
- SSOE offers program management services from design through construction, to commissioning and start-up, for seamless project delivery.
- SSOE's focus is using the appropriate project delivery method for your goals, included Virtual Design and Construction (VDC), which brings our clients better and faster results through more integrated teams and advanced technologies. Even when a more traditional delivery model is used, you'll see significant benefits from the collaboration strategies and technological capabilities our leadership in VDC necessitates.
- 93% of clients surveyed would recommend us to a colleague
- 111% of our fee has been returned to our clients in project savings over the last 3 years
- 150 of our clients have been with us for over 20 years
SSOE is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified individuals in its employment practices. SSOE strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination against employees and applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, qualified veterans, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applicants with a disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to email@example.com for assistance. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodations will be made on a case-by-case basis.
EEO/M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.