This structural engineer will be responsible for performing a variety of routine engineering assignments under the supervision of a licensed professional engineer with increasing responsibility based on performance. Will work on fast-paced, complex, industrial projects within the tool install high-tech industry.
Structural Engineer (Semiconductor)
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs a variety of routine engineering assignments under the direction of a supervisor with increasing responsibility based on performance.
- Consults with supervisor to screen assignments for unusual or difficult problems and selects appropriate methods and techniques to apply.
- Receives close supervision on new aspects of assignment but has some freedom to exercise judgment in making engineering decisions.
- Works under the direction of a supervisor on specific and limited portions of a broader assignment that requires some supervision.
- Drafts interpretation of own design into completed working drawings and applies engineering fundamentals to design.
- May be assisted by a designer, but usually assumes no responsibility for direction of others.
- Performs routine calculations and work on PC system.
- Organizes and maintains project design notebook.
- Communicates with supervisor concerning progress or problems in an assigned task.
- Performs design work on CAD.
Minimum Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree / RELATED / 2+ years of experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, which qualifies for licensure in the state of practice, is required.
- EIT preferred with a minimum 1 year experience, or the same educational requirements as above with 2 or more years of related practical experience with former employer(s).
- Candidates should have schooling or experience with seismic codes.
- Experience with structural analysis software, such as RISA or STAAD is preferred.
- Must have exposure to AutoCAD or Revit.
- Travel may be required.
- Valid driver’s license required.
About SSOE Group
As a Top 10 Engineering / Architecture firm for the past 6 years (BD+C), SSOE focuses on delivering Great Client Service to clients through a full range of project delivery solutions. They have been named a "Great Workplace" (Great Place to Work®) and one of the "Best AEC Firms to Work For" (BD+C).
With more than 20 offices around the world, SSOE is known for making its clients successful by saving them time, trouble, and money. Over the company's 70-year history, it has earned a reputation for providing quality project solutions to semiconductor, automotive, food, chemical, glass, manufacturing, healthcare, power, and general building industries—with projects completed in 40 countries. Visit www.ssoe.com for additional information and career opportunities.
- SSOE was founded in 1948 and currently has more than 20 locations worldwide.
- We are a global project delivery firm for architecture, engineering, and construction management.
- SSOE offers program management services from design through construction, to commissioning and start-up, for seamless project delivery.
- 9 out of 10 clients surveyed would recommend us to a colleague.
- 95% of our fee has been returned to our clients in project savings over the last 5 years.
- 150 of our clients have been with us for over 20 years.
Equal Opportunity and Disability Accessibility Statement
SSOE is an equal opportunity employer and provides fair and equal treatment to all individuals, employees, and applicants for employment, regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, disability, genetic information, military / veteran status, or any other protected group status under federal, state, or local law. SSOE complies with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 and related laws. SSOE does not make employment decisions based upon any protected status under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Applicants with a disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may email their request to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodations will be made on a case-by-case basis.
EEO/M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws.
Have a question regarding our services? Need assistance with an upcoming project? Send us an email. We look forward to hearing from you and will follow up soon.