SSOE is seeking a talented Structural Engineer for our Hillsboro, OR office, The candidate must have a Professional Engineer license (PE) to help reinforce our team of skilled multidiscipline engineers and designers. The ideal candidate is committed to producing high-quality deliverables varied projects for advanced technology clients.
Structural Engineer (Semiconductor)
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Produces organized structural calculations for support systems required to enable lead discipline designs and assist lead structural engineer.
- Analyze existing structures for new loads and provide recommendations for strengthening where required.
- Design new efficient structural systems using steel, concrete, and strut and deliver design information on time.
- Develop an understanding of multifaceted client to better solve unique conditions.
- Apply creative problem-solving skills to see beyond standard answers.
- Consults with supervisor to screen assignments for unusual or difficult problems and selects appropriate methods and techniques to apply.
- Exercises judgment for engineering decisions for some aspects of design, but receives supervision and direct input on new aspects of an assignment.
- Sketches design into completed working details and drawings based on engineering fundamentals.
- Develop and validate computer models of complex structural systems.
- Communicates with supervisor concerning progress or problems in an assigned task.
Minimum Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree / RELATED / 6-8
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor Degree or Masters degree in Structural Engineering from an ABET-accredited college.
- PE required. SE a plus.
- Solid understanding of structural fundamentals required.
- Knowledge of building codes including seismic requirements.
- Experience with structural analysis software such as RISA or STAAD.
- Experience with REVIT preferred.
- Valid driver’s license required.
About SSOE Group
As a Top 10 Engineering / Architecture firm for the past 6 years (BD+C), SSOE focuses on delivering Great Client Service to clients through a full range of project delivery solutions. They have been named a "Great Workplace" (Great Place to Work®) and one of the "Best AEC Firms to Work For" (BD+C).
With more than 20 offices around the world, SSOE is known for making its clients successful by saving them time, trouble, and money. Over the company's 70-year history, it has earned a reputation for providing quality project solutions to semiconductor, automotive, food, chemical, glass, manufacturing, healthcare, power, and general building industries—with projects completed in 40 countries. Visit www.ssoe.com for additional information and career opportunities.
- SSOE was founded in 1948 and currently has more than 20 locations worldwide.
- We are a global project delivery firm for architecture, engineering, and construction management.
- SSOE offers program management services from design through construction, to commissioning and start-up, for seamless project delivery.
- 9 out of 10 clients surveyed would recommend us to a colleague.
- 95% of our fee has been returned to our clients in project savings over the last 5 years.
- 150 of our clients have been with us for over 20 years.
Equal Opportunity and Disability Accessibility Statement
SSOE is an equal opportunity employer and provides fair and equal treatment to all individuals, employees, and applicants for employment, regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, disability, genetic information, military / veteran status, or any other protected group status under federal, state, or local law. SSOE complies with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 and related laws. SSOE does not make employment decisions based upon any protected status under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Applicants with a disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may email their request to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodations will be made on a case-by-case basis.
EEO/M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws.
Have a question regarding our services? Need assistance with an upcoming project? Send us an email. We look forward to hearing from you and will follow up soon.