TOLEDO, Ohio, July 13, 2015 – SSOE Group (www.ssoe.com), a global engineering, procurement, and construction management (EPCM) firm, announced today that one of their employees earned a professional registration and four additional employees earned professional certifications during the third quarter of SSOE’s 2015 planning year. Attainment of professional licensures is strongly encouraged at SSOE. In fact, the company covers the expense of preparation classes and exam fees as well as provides paid time off to take the exam. As an added incentive, once a staff member has passed an exam, they are awarded a recognition bonus.
Ryan Opdahl recently received his professional engineering license upon successfully completing the Principles and Practice of Engineering (PE) exam. The exam measures a candidate’s academic and practical knowledge of technical engineering. Candidates are eligible to take the exam after meeting statutory requirements, including a minimum of 4 years of acceptable work experience.
- Ryan Opdahl, PE graduated from The University of Minnesota ─ Twin Cities with a Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering. Opdahl works in SSOE’s Portland, Oregon office and has more than 5 years of experience shared between ethanol production and semiconductor basebuild design.
Scott Blankenship earned his Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) 30-Hour Outreach Training for Construction Certification. This certification is obtained following completion of a voluntary program that provides training on the recognition, avoidance, abatement, and prevention of safety and health hazards related to the construction industry. Mike Duffey earned his Construction Manager Certification in South Carolina. Jourdan Schermerhorn earned his Project Management Professionals (PMP) certification. PMP certification, awarded by the Project Management Institute (PMI), indicates that the individual possesses the knowledge and skill necessary to lead and direct project teams, and deliver project results within the constraints of schedule, budget, and resources. Additionally, Jennifer Wuertz earned her Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) Senior Certified Professional (SCP) certification.
- Scott Blankenship has over 25 years of experience in the construction industry. He currently works in SSOE’s Nashville, Tennessee office as a Construction Coordinator. His experience includes architectural, structural, and civil construction in manufacturing, industrial, and residential fields.
- Michael Duffey, PE, graduated from The United States Air Force Air War College and The University of Akron, where he earned a Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering. Duffey currently works in SSOE’s Toledo, Ohio office, serving as a Principal Account Representative for facilities clients. He has over three decades of experience in facility and site planning, design, and construction, with a diverse background in senior project and operations management in areas of budgeting, scheduling, quality assurance, and regulatory compliance.
- Jourdan Schermerhorn, AIA, PMP, graduated from the University of Detroit Mercy with a Bachelor of Science in Architecture. Schermerhorn has more than 15 years of experience and currently works in SSOE’s Toledo, Ohio office as a Project Manager, responsible for the coordination of client representatives and the in-house design team, as well as project schedules and budgets.
- Jennifer Wuertz, SPHR, GPHR, SHRM-SCP, graduated from The University of Toledo with a Master in Management following a Bachelor of Art in Human Resource Management. Wuertz has more than 20 years of industry experience and currently works in SSOE’s Toledo, Ohio office serving as Director of Talent Management.