Here are some reminders during yard cleanup.
- Protective gear. Wear gloves, goggles, ear protection and appropriate clothing. Make sure shoes or boots have good traction.
- Follow safety procedures. When using tools (power/non-power) make sure guards are in place on all power tools
- Disposal. Check your local laws about burning leaves.
- Be cautious. Watch for hidden objects in leaf piles (garden tools, animals, children, etc.).
- Practice ladder safety. Maintain 3 points of contact. Watch for overhead lines that can electrocute you.
- Stay hydrated. You can work up a sweat. Make sure you drink plenty of water.
At home, work or play, it’s Safety every day! Safety Always!