SSOE Group is currently seeking a full-time Architect to join our team in our Toledo, OH, Troy, MI or Brentwood, TN office.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Works under the direction of a project architect to apply academic knowledge to the practice of architecture.
- Assists in architectural design from concept to working documents.
- Assists in client and authority engagement, consultant coordination and construction administration.
- Develops and uses basic knowledge of building codes, materials and building systems.
- Performs architectural design functions including space planning, 3D modeling, and drafting of design construction documents.
Minimum Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree / ENTRY / 0-2
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor of Architecture or Masters of Architecture degree from a NAAB accredited program is required.
- Licensure track is required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Revit required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in rendering with SketchUp, Lumion, and PhotoShop preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of basic building construction techniques (Materials, systems, components) and representing those techniques and systems through graphic communication.
About SSOE Group
As a Top 10 Engineering / Architecture firm for the past 6 years (BD+C), SSOE focuses on delivering Great Client Service to clients through a full range of project delivery solutions. They have been named a "Great Workplace" (Great Place to Work®) and one of the "Best AEC Firms to Work For" (BD+C).
With more than 20 offices around the world, SSOE is known for making its clients successful by saving them time, trouble, and money. Over the company's 70-year history, it has earned a reputation for providing quality project solutions to semiconductor, automotive, food, chemical, glass, manufacturing, healthcare, power, and general building industries—with projects completed in 40 countries. Visit www.ssoe.com for additional information and career opportunities.
- SSOE was founded in 1948 and currently has more than 20 locations worldwide.
- We are a global project delivery firm for architecture, engineering, and construction management.
- SSOE offers program management services from design through construction, to commissioning and start-up, for seamless project delivery.
- 95% of our fee has been returned to our clients in project savings over the last 5 years.
- 150 of our clients have been with us for over 20 years.
Equal Opportunity and Disability Accessibility Statement
SSOE is an equal opportunity employer and provides fair and equal treatment to all individuals, employees, and applicants for employment, regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, disability, genetic information, military / veteran status, or any other protected group status under federal, state, or local law. SSOE complies with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 and related laws. SSOE does not make employment decisions based upon any protected status under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Applicants with a disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may email their request to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodations will be made on a case-by-case basis.
EEO/M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws.