The SSOE Architecture Team is looking to grow its presence in the Southeast USA to serve manufacturing clients in this region. We are looking for talented architecture staff that are adept in establishing new paradigms and mental models of what Industrial and Manufacturing facilities can be, and then have the drive and passion to realize those paradigms with a variety or digital authoring tools. We also seek individuals that are familiar with or are willing to embrace Lean Design and Construction principles to support SSOE Group’s Lean Journey toward providing our clients exceptional value.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with senior architects on development of project documentation from planning through construction administration, with greater autonomy on small projects.
- Participate in site visits for field verification and site observation.
- Oversee work production to ensure a well-coordinated and high quality set of documents, at every level of the submission process.
- Coordinate with all disciplines and work closely with our team, maintaining productive and collaborative team relationships.
- Assist in writing and editing specifications, for projects of various sizes.
- Perform code and other design standard/regulatory requirement research.
- Assist in preparation of client presentations and proposals.
- Attend client meetings and share project information with the project team. Along with fostering strong client relationships.
Minimum Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree / DIRECT / 3-5
OSHA 10/30-hour Construction Certificate preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor of Architecture or Masters of Architecture degree. Licensure track preferred.
- Minimum of one year experience using Autodesk Revit, in creation of multi-discipline drawings. Strong proficiency in AutoCAD; other graphic program experience is a plus.
- Previous architectural design/build experience within the Architectural and Engineering consulting industry is preferred.
- Production and technical experience through all phases of project design and documentation process.
- Familiarity with building materials, assemblies and basic understanding of building systems.
- Experience with construction detailing and ability to create a fully coordinated construction document set.
- Understanding of building code and regulatory agency compliance requirements. Ability to find, source and locate any information needed.
About SSOE Group
As a Top 10 Engineering / Architecture firm for the past 6 years (BD+C), SSOE focuses on delivering Great Client Service to clients through a full range of project delivery solutions. They have been named a "Great Workplace" (Great Place to Work®) and one of the "Best AEC Firms to Work For" (BD+C).
With more than 20 offices around the world, SSOE is known for making its clients successful by saving them time, trouble, and money. Over the company's 70-year history, it has earned a reputation for providing quality project solutions to semiconductor, automotive, food, chemical, glass, manufacturing, healthcare, power, and general building industries—with projects completed in 40 countries. Visit www.ssoe.com for additional information and career opportunities.
- SSOE was founded in 1948 and currently has more than 20 locations worldwide.
- We are a global project delivery firm for architecture, engineering, and construction management.
- SSOE offers program management services from design through construction, to commissioning and start-up, for seamless project delivery.
- 95% of our fee has been returned to our clients in project savings over the last 5 years.
- 150 of our clients have been with us for over 20 years.
Equal Opportunity and Disability Accessibility Statement
SSOE is an equal opportunity employer and provides fair and equal treatment to all individuals, employees, and applicants for employment, regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, disability, genetic information, military / veteran status, or any other protected group status under federal, state, or local law. SSOE complies with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 and related laws. SSOE does not make employment decisions based upon any protected status under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Applicants with a disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may email their request to email@example.com for assistance. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodations will be made on a case-by-case basis.
EEO/M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws.