SSOE is a US-based Engineering, Architectural and Construction Management firm. Our growing Mexico operation is looking to hire Construction Coordinators to join their team. As a Construction Coordinator, you will be part of SSOE team in Queretaro, Mexico supporting our industrial projects. We have a large automotive project where you would be working onsite monitoring the construction progress, ensuring the General Contractor is adhering to safety requirements, and working on behalf of our Owner to ensure budget, schedule and quality of the project is on track. You will monitor the construction activity, including progress, manpower and schedule while reporting back to the Owner.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages projects according to contract specifications, Company policies, procedures and safety requirements to ensure compliance.
- Communicates to the client on the status of projects and any future requirements.
- Review of operational plans to ensure project success, including permitting, material and equipment procurement, quality control, safety analysis, scheduling, etc.
- Documents and communicates project status, performance, improvements and change orders through to completion of the project.
- Represents the Client in project meetings, when necessary, providing skilled technical project advice and recommendations.
- Keeps record of all project activities progress according to pre-determined schedule.
- Performs site visits and monitor all progress of each job.
- Understands materials and equipment used in the industry.
Minimum Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree / DIRECT / 6-8
OSHA 10/30-hour Construction Certificate preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or related field.
- Minimum of 5+ years working on industrial construction projects
- Experience in automotive plant construction preferred.
- Must be bi-lingual (Spanish and English) and have strong communication skills
- Must be able to write reasonably detailed reports and supporting documentation.
- Must have good understanding of construction and trades, and the ability to work in a professional manner.
- Must be a self starter
About SSOE Group
As a Top 10 Engineering / Architecture firm for the past 6 years (BD+C), SSOE focuses on delivering Great Client Service to clients through a full range of project delivery solutions. They have been named a "Great Workplace" (Great Place to Work®) and one of the "Best AEC Firms to Work For" (BD+C).
With more than 20 offices around the world, SSOE is known for making its clients successful by saving them time, trouble, and money. Over the company's 70-year history, it has earned a reputation for providing quality project solutions to semiconductor, automotive, food, chemical, glass, manufacturing, healthcare, power, and general building industries—with projects completed in 40 countries. Visit www.ssoe.com for additional information and career opportunities.
- SSOE was founded in 1948 and currently has more than 20 locations worldwide.
- We are a global project delivery firm for architecture, engineering, and construction management.
- SSOE offers program management services from design through construction, to commissioning and start-up, for seamless project delivery.
- 95% of our fee has been returned to our clients in project savings over the last 5 years.
- 150 of our clients have been with us for over 20 years.
Equal Opportunity and Disability Accessibility Statement
SSOE is an equal opportunity employer and provides fair and equal treatment to all individuals, employees, and applicants for employment, regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, disability, genetic information, military / veteran status, or any other protected group status under federal, state, or local law. SSOE complies with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 and related laws. SSOE does not make employment decisions based upon any protected status under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Applicants with a disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may email their request to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodations will be made on a case-by-case basis.
EEO/M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws.