Explore the benefits that go hand-in-hand with an Electrical Designer position at SSOE Group. Collaboration, accountability, and top-notch training are building blocks we use to set you up for success This position will primarily work in direct coordination with our client. The electrical designer will be responsible for performing routine tasks using a computer for drafting and design applications..
Electrical Designer (Tool Install)
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Applies standard design techniques and procedures exercising judgment in making minor adaptations and modifications to design concepts.
- Receives instructions on specific assignment objectives, complex features and assistance in deriving possible solutions to unusual problems.
- Coordinates and directs the work effort of designers on the same project with some responsibility for checking portions of the completed drawings.
- Prepares addendums and bulletins. Initiates project change orders for submittal to the project manager.
- Attends construction meetings and produces site observation reports and final punch list. May trouble-shoot design problems in the field during construction.
- Develops an understanding for other discipline’s needs and requirements and relates them to own discipline and total project scope.
- Researches design options and documents findings for project engineer/architect.
- Checks design calculations and drawings.
- Processes shop drawings, checks to ensure quality accuracy and completeness.
- Has frequent external customer contact.
- May be requested to attend training to develop supervisory skills.
- May serve as lead on single discipline projects.
- May write portions of specifications and assist in preparing design and construction cost estimates.
- Travel required.
- Valid driver’s license required.
Minimum Education and Experience
Associate’s Degree / DIRECT / 3-5
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Perform cable tray fill requirements (nodes).
- Perform circuit train alignment.
- Experience using Easy Power software.
- Understands and is able to perform short circuit calculations.
- Understands panel loading and voltage drop requirements.
- Has knowledge in use of spanner software.
- Extended knowledge of NEC.
- Has understanding of general telecom and life safety system requirements.
- Can utilize CAD software to draw wireways, cabletrays, storage boxes, conduit runs for routing plans.
- Able to conduct field verification for routing plans including climbing ladders, suiting up in a cleanroom suit, and some verification under 2ft raised floor while wearing a cleanroom suit.
- Able to understand the need for and develop installation details.
About SSOE Group
As a Top 10 Engineering / Architecture firm for the past 6 years (BD+C), SSOE focuses on delivering Great Client Service to clients through a full range of project delivery solutions. They have been named a "Great Workplace" (Great Place to Work®) and one of the "Best AEC Firms to Work For" (BD+C).
With more than 20 offices around the world, SSOE is known for making its clients successful by saving them time, trouble, and money. Over the company's 70-year history, it has earned a reputation for providing quality project solutions to semiconductor, automotive, food, chemical, glass, manufacturing, healthcare, power, and general building industries—with projects completed in 40 countries. Visit www.ssoe.com for additional information and career opportunities.
- SSOE was founded in 1948 and currently has more than 20 locations worldwide.
- We are a global project delivery firm for architecture, engineering, and construction management.
- SSOE offers program management services from design through construction, to commissioning and start-up, for seamless project delivery.
- 95% of our fee has been returned to our clients in project savings over the last 5 years.
- 150 of our clients have been with us for over 20 years.
Equal Opportunity and Disability Accessibility Statement
SSOE is an equal opportunity employer and provides fair and equal treatment to all individuals, employees, and applicants for employment, regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, disability, genetic information, military / veteran status, or any other protected group status under federal, state, or local law. SSOE complies with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 and related laws. SSOE does not make employment decisions based upon any protected status under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Applicants with a disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may email their request to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodations will be made on a case-by-case basis.
EEO/M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws.