SSOE is seeking an Electrical Engineer for our Tool Install program. The electrical engineer will perform a variety of routine engineering tasks requiring basic application of engineering fundamentals with increasing responsibility based on performance.
Electrical Engineer (Tool Install)
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Applies standard design techniques and procedures exercising judgment in making minor adaptations and modifications to design concepts.
- Will work with designers and engineer teams on primary and secondary (Low voltage) normal power distribution systems, emergency power distribution systems, uninterruptible power supplies (UPS) and associated power distribution systems with emphasis on facility redundancy and reliability.
- Receives instructions on specific assignment objectives, complex features and assistance in deriving possible solutions to unusual problems.
- Prepares addendums and bulletins. Initiates project change orders for submittal to the project manager.
- Adapt designs to current conditions in field, coordinate designs with current infrastructure.
- Attends construction meetings and produces site observation. May trouble-shoot design problems in the field during construction.
- Coordinates needs and develops an understanding with other disciplines, relating information to own discipline and the total project scope.
- Researches design options and documents findings for project engineer/architect.
- Checks design calculations and drawings verifying all applicable codes have been incorporated.
- Processes shop drawings, checks to ensure quality accuracy and completeness.
- Has frequent communication with external clients in the field and in formal meetings.
- May serve as lead on single discipline projects.
- Travel potential but not required.
- Valid driver’s license required. May be waived for international assignments.
Minimum Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree / DIRECT / 0-2
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum of one to two years experience preferred. Recent college grads will be considered.
- Perform cable tray fill requirements (nodes)
- Experience using Easy Power software
- Understands and is able to perform short circuit calculations
- Understands panel loading and voltage drop requirements.
- General knowledge of different types of electrical breakers, transformers, and panels.
- Knowledge of NEC
- Has understanding of general telecom and life safety system requirements.
- Familiar with AutoCAD software – capable of drawing wireways, cabletrays, storage boxes, conduit runs for routing plans.
- Able to conduct field verification for routing plans including climbing ladders, suiting up in a cleanroom suit, and some verification under 2ft raised floor while wearing a cleanroom suit
- Able to understand the need for and develop installation details.
About SSOE Group
As a Top 10 Engineering / Architecture firm for the past 6 years (BD+C), SSOE focuses on delivering Great Client Service to clients through a full range of project delivery solutions. They have been named a "Great Workplace" (Great Place to Work®) and one of the "Best AEC Firms to Work For" (BD+C).
With more than 20 offices around the world, SSOE is known for making its clients successful by saving them time, trouble, and money. Over the company's 70-year history, it has earned a reputation for providing quality project solutions to semiconductor, automotive, food, chemical, glass, manufacturing, healthcare, power, and general building industries—with projects completed in 40 countries. Visit www.ssoe.com for additional information and career opportunities.
- SSOE was founded in 1948 and currently has more than 20 locations worldwide.
- We are a global project delivery firm for architecture, engineering, and construction management.
- SSOE offers program management services from design through construction, to commissioning and start-up, for seamless project delivery.
- 95% of our fee has been returned to our clients in project savings over the last 5 years.
- 150 of our clients have been with us for over 20 years.
Equal Opportunity and Disability Accessibility Statement
SSOE is an equal opportunity employer and provides fair and equal treatment to all individuals, employees, and applicants for employment, regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, disability, genetic information, military / veteran status, or any other protected group status under federal, state, or local law. SSOE complies with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 and related laws. SSOE does not make employment decisions based upon any protected status under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Applicants with a disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may email their request to email@example.com for assistance. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodations will be made on a case-by-case basis.
EEO/M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws.