SSOE is seeking a Structural Manager at our award-winning Hillsboro location.
Engineering Manager (Structural)
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Coaches, directs, coordinates, facilitates and supervises structural staff. This includes all evaluation and employee relations responsibilities: manpower planning/staffing, hiring, development, promotion and performance management.
- Ensures the technical competency and quality of work performed by staff. Licensed individuals may be required to seal discipline documents.
- Develops, organizes and implements discipline and departmental standards, recordkeeping, and improvements. Responsible for establishing, monitoring and adhering to PY budget or otherwise taking action to make changes and adjustments as necessary to meet financial objectives. Implements strategic activities within department to achieve objectives of operations and corporate business.
- Supports PIC customer maintenance and business development activities. Assists project managers in preparing proposals and making presentations.
- Verifies that the Discipline Leads have defined discipline work plans for each project and monitors progress to ensure key measures are met.
- Develops project change orders as required and submits to the Project Manager.
- Prepares and monitors project work schedules and projected workload schedules for department.
- Point of contact between Structural Department and Client.
- Identifies strengths and weaknesses of department personnel to identify and prioritize training needs. Develops and implements department training program.
- Responsible for departmental expenses, profit and loss.
- Supports or drive strategic improvement initiatives.
- Travel required up to 5%.
- Valid driver’s license required.
Minimum Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree / RELATED / 8+
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Structural Engineering with minimum of eight (8) years related experience.
- PE license in United States required. Ability to obtain PE in Oregon and California required.
- Must be able to function efficiently in an environment that is constantly changing with a high tolerance for ambiguity.
- Must support and drive continuous performance improvement for self and staff.
- Demonstrates skill in cross discipline coordination and collaboration.
- Able to ensure employees have meaningful work and feel connected and appreciated.
- Drive a mentality of making and meeting commitments.
- Working knowledge of building codes in hazardous occupancies preferred.
About SSOE Group
As a Top 10 Engineering / Architecture firm for the past 6 years (BD+C), SSOE focuses on delivering Great Client Service to clients through a full range of project delivery solutions. They have been named a "Great Workplace" (Great Place to Work®) and one of the "Best AEC Firms to Work For" (BD+C).
With more than 20 offices around the world, SSOE is known for making its clients successful by saving them time, trouble, and money. Over the company's 70-year history, it has earned a reputation for providing quality project solutions to semiconductor, automotive, food, chemical, glass, manufacturing, healthcare, power, and general building industries—with projects completed in 40 countries. Visit www.ssoe.com for additional information and career opportunities.
- SSOE was founded in 1948 and currently has more than 20 locations worldwide.
- We are a global project delivery firm for architecture, engineering, and construction management.
- SSOE offers program management services from design through construction, to commissioning and start-up, for seamless project delivery.
- 95% of our fee has been returned to our clients in project savings over the last 5 years.
- 150 of our clients have been with us for over 20 years.
Equal Opportunity and Disability Accessibility Statement
SSOE is an equal opportunity employer and provides fair and equal treatment to all individuals, employees, and applicants for employment, regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, disability, genetic information, military / veteran status, or any other protected group status under federal, state, or local law. SSOE complies with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 and related laws. SSOE does not make employment decisions based upon any protected status under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Applicants with a disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may email their request to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodations will be made on a case-by-case basis.
EEO/M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws.