SSOE is seeking a civil engineer to focus on site development projects. The civil engineer will support design and CAD requirements of our civil team, focusing on industrial, manufacturing, and commercial sector projects both domestically and internationally.
Junior Civil Engineer
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Support commercial and industrial developments.
- Applies design fundamentals to total systems or sub-systems. Interpret and utilize basic topographic information.
- Address red lines and review comments. Review existing utilities and grading information on as-recorded documents.
- Construction documents preparation and production. Develop plans based on sketches or previous examples of work related to requirements.
- Perform site layout, grading, utilities, and minor stormwater design.
- Develops project details, prepares selections, and adapts to alternatives.
- May perform routine design calculations for the review of the project engineer related to basic storm drain or sanitary and prepares basic layouts.
- Works under technical supervision with effort occasionally checked during progress and reviewed upon completion.
- Some travel required.
Minimum Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree / RELATED / 0-2
OSHA 10/30-hour Construction Certificate preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Applied AutoCAD and Civil 3D experience preferred
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work on multiple simultaneous projects and focus and demonstrate attention to detail.
- Strong learning desire and ability to initiate new programs
- Ability to function in a fast-paced collaborative environment supporting engineers in multiple offices.
- Professional registration tracked.
- Fluent in Spanish and English. Oral and written.
About SSOE Group
As a Top 10 Engineering / Architecture firm for the past 6 years (BD+C), SSOE focuses on delivering Great Client Service to clients through a full range of project delivery solutions. They have been named a "Great Workplace" (Great Place to Work®) and one of the "Best AEC Firms to Work For" (BD+C).
With more than 20 offices around the world, SSOE is known for making its clients successful by saving them time, trouble, and money. Over the company's 70-year history, it has earned a reputation for providing quality project solutions to semiconductor, automotive, food, chemical, glass, manufacturing, healthcare, power, and general building industries—with projects completed in 40 countries. Visit www.ssoe.com for additional information and career opportunities.
- SSOE was founded in 1948 and currently has more than 20 locations worldwide.
- We are a global project delivery firm for architecture, engineering, and construction management.
- SSOE offers program management services from design through construction, to commissioning and start-up, for seamless project delivery.
- 95% of our fee has been returned to our clients in project savings over the last 5 years.
- 150 of our clients have been with us for over 20 years.
Equal Opportunity and Disability Accessibility Statement
SSOE is an equal opportunity employer and provides fair and equal treatment to all individuals, employees, and applicants for employment, regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, disability, genetic information, military / veteran status, or any other protected group status under federal, state, or local law. SSOE complies with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 and related laws. SSOE does not make employment decisions based upon any protected status under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Applicants with a disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may email their request to email@example.com for assistance. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodations will be made on a case-by-case basis.
EEO/M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws.